Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Henning
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Newb here.

Got the base game awhile back. Got excited about it after finally getting some gameplay in at GenCon.

Now I want some new characters.

I found some funny money to spend (visa and other gift cards without a home).

Do I buy sealed boxes of Season 2 or 3? I did just buy two from my FLGS and got the Minotoror and something else. Heard that Minotoror was good.

Or do I buy window packs? If I'm buying window packs, are there any that are MUST HAVE been though many have duplicates of the Base Game?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

US Based Player here (if that matters for my options for purchase).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point the best bang for your buck is the season 1 and 2 window packs. Miniature Market currently has them on clearance. Other OLGSs may have them on sale as well.

Sealed boxes for season 3 would probably be next. If you buy them individually, expect to get a lot of duplicates. Buying a full display case is a much better choice as it gets you 1 each of all the commons. Bad news is you only get 4 of the 8 rares. Sealed boxes are not consumer friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree, window packs are the best. Season 3 is ok to buy a whole display of boxes tho as you'll get a different figure in each box guaranteed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with the window boxes. They let you pick what you want and on top of that, almost all retailers are trying to flush their stock of window boxes and replacing them with blind boxes. Best way to jump in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.