7 Wonders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Buying Multiple Resources From One Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paganeagle 2001
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all, just a quick question.

Can I buy multiples of a single resource from one player?

Example, I need two stone, the player to my left had a single stone resource, can I buy two stone for four coins?

All the best.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. But if he had two stone, you could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paganeagle 2001
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you, that's what I thought, but I thought it better to ask first.

All the best.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paganeagle2001 wrote:

All the best.

Richard

Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew M
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
AernoutMJC wrote:
paganeagle2001 wrote:

All the best.

Richard

Well done.

While it looks like this is resolved (thanks, I'm new to the game and we wondered this too!), I'd like to dwell on it a minute more.
I read this section of the rules a few times, and I felt it wasn't completely clear. The plural is used throughout ("...to buy one or more resources from both neighbouring cities.", "The resources bought..."), suggesting that multiples can be bought. Which of course can still be true with this interpretation (you could buy one stone and one wood from the same city, which is multiple resources).

It also does not specifically state that you can only purchase as many resources as that city is able to produce, per turn. I suppose that's assumed. Even as we played, we all agreed that it was odd that I could only use one stone per turn, but my neighbour could buy 4 of them from me. I guess we were on the right track!

Anyhow...nothing to see here, just sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
6element
msg tools
mb
Rules are absolutely clear:
Quote:
If these resources are produced by a neighboring city – players sitting directly to the left or right of that player – the player will be able to purchase the missing resource(s) through commerce.

You cannot purchase a resource not produced by your neighbors. For example if a neighbor is producing one stone, you cannot purchase two from him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Ducharme

Quebec
msg tools
fullmonty27 wrote:
It also does not specifically state that you can only purchase as many resources as that city is able to produce, per turn. I suppose that's assumed.
You are correct: the rules are not perfectly clear on this point. And you also are right: it is assumed. All other parts of ressource production point this way. Playing the game with 'neighboring cities can produce ad infinitum while mine can only produce so much' feels very unreasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.