Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on bounties & NPC Naval ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua F

New Hampshire
msg tools
mbmbmb
If I defeat a NPC naval ship that successfully scouted for me and attacked (as I am a hunt priority), will I receive a bounty from that nation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris S
Canada
Delta
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gnarlywhal wrote:
If I defeat a NPC naval ship that successfully scouted for me and attacked (as I am a hunt priority), will I receive a bounty from that nation?

Yes, you will take a bounty even though you didn't initiate the battle. You always take a bounty when you defeat a naval ship.

If you had scouted for the naval ship to initiate the battle you would have taken a bounty then, even before the battle began. So, if you scout for and defeat a naval ship, you take two bounties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua F

New Hampshire
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying, that makes sense!
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So just to clarify, do you only get a bounty if you are the one who initiates a battle with a naval ship. In other words if you do not start a battle but are successfully scouted by a naval ship, do you not receive a new bounty? Thanks.
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
ciscokidnj wrote:
So just to clarify, do you only get a bounty if you are the one who initiates a battle with a naval ship. In other words if you do not start a battle but are successfully scouted by a naval ship, do you not receive a new bounty? Thanks.
Alex
If you are scouted by a naval ship but then successfully flee the battle, you gain no bounty.

If you are scouted by a naval ship and then defeat it in battle, you get one bounty.

If you scout for the naval ship and start the battle you get one bounty immediately. If you then win the battle, you get a second bounty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification of the various scenarios.
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.