B G
msg tools
Hi guys,

I played a round with my friend yesterday and we encountered the following situation which neither of us knew how to resolve.

After the bait phase, two heroes were queued up to enter her dungeon. The heroes were the Witch and the Vampire which both have the same card text:

"Once per turn, any opponent may discard a Room with (Mage icon for Witch/Cleric icon for Vampire) to give this Hero +2 until end of turn."

I had a Save Point room card in my hand, which has both Mage and Cleric treasure types.

The argument was if discarding the single card could be applied to both hero cards at the same time.

I said yes and she said no. Does anyone know the actual rule for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KevOne
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She said no

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has active abilities and passive abilities. This is an active ability where you are paying a cost to gain a benefit. When you pay that cost, you must do it for each such ability. If it were a passive ability, it would say, "once per turn, when a card is discarded, give +2 to this hero." If it said that, it would have triggered both heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.