Jean-Henri Duteau
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching the videos and reading the rules, I finally found the time to set this up in my home office and started playing it.

After analyzing the board, I decided that Canice was going to head over for the loot side quest while the others would try to keep the mooks busy until the main baddie came out.

Canice managed to attract four thugs towards her but as they were sword thugs, she was in no danger of actually battling. Milo then threw an explosive grenade at them and wiped the tile clean.

Pog and Doorstop rushed straight for the body followed closely by Gardek. The thugs fired crossbow bolts at Doorstop and ran for Canice and Milo but couldn't do any damage.

On turn two, Pog got to the body and discovered that he was dead. That was when the Rhulic Commander showed up with his forces. Given that Milo was one space away from the exit, this was a little bit of bad planning on my part.

Doorstop soaked up most of the attacks as he was closest to most of the thugs, so the Sword thugs swarmed him and Pog (who hid under Doorstop's legs!) and the Crossbow thugs didn't move and just peppered him with bolts. Milo threw an Acid grenade at the Commander and Gardek moved into Milo's space so that he could defend Milo with his shield.

Although we probably could have brought the baddie down in Turn 3, we needed time for Canice to make it to the loot where she found some Misfit Armor. After she found the loot, Milo threw another Acid Grenade and then Gardek stormed into the square with the Rhulic Merc and his Crossbow thugs and finished him off.

5XP for each character, Milo has one black wound and Doorstop has four.

Canice used 4XP to upgrade to an Etching Kit, allowing her to use two Rune Shots on her next ranged attack.

Pog used 2XP to get "Hang in There", allowing him to use Feat cards that heal him to heal Doorstop.

Thoughts on the game itself: The "drab" board isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. I do wish that the tiles clicked together like Descent's tiles as I kept knocking them, but that was a small thing. The Villain activation was easy to figure out and worked quite well. The Crossbow thugs stayed at range and fired away while the Sword thugs swarmed their target.

Hmm, as I wrote that up, I realized that I misplayed the Crossbow thugs as they wouldn't be attacking Doorstop since Sword thugs where in the same space as him. They should have been attacking Gardek. Oops, that might have changed some things! I don't think I'll let that stop me advancing to the next session but if it nags me too much, I'll just re-report!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very spoiling! hehehehe ninja

Body of evidence is great and pretty easy mission to play, i encourage to play with other people to increase chaos and give the right difficulty to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Henri Duteau
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that playing with other people would necessarily increase chaos and give a different difficulty. Running all four characters was fairly easy and did scale things as there were swarms of enemies on the board.

I replayed this scenario, doing the Crossbow thugs proper, and have a couple of questions about their targeting. Although things took a turn longer, I ended up with the same amount of XP and about the same amount of damage. After playing it the 2nd time, I then realized that I had been playing Milo wrong - I was only throwing his potions, but he gets to throw a potion *AND* throw his dagger. It's sort of funny as I kept thinking - "when would I ever just throw a dagger when I can throw his explosive grenades!". Maybe a third time through will be the charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.