Subject: User Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roope seppälä
Finland
helsinki
uusima
flag msg tools
This game is a true classic, but despite what other people tell you, its not a kiddie game.

After a few games you will notice that it has rather wide set of different strategies. How deep into africa are you willing to go, are you using planes or boats, or do you travel by foot. The money is really relevant, and you have many ways to spend it. Analyze how your opponents start their adventure and try to find a path that others havent explored already. It can get really tricky if you have experienced players along.

Of course luck has a role in the game, but with wits and skill you can get thru many hazards and newbie players.

We have played this game for years with my friends, along Risk, Chess, Monopoly, and many others. It still holds the lead because its simple, fastpaced and fun. Its one of the best ways to spend a spare hour with a bunch of friends.

trust me on this one! laughlaughlaugh

Roope Seppälä
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
You got to be kidding me!!

I spent some six months in Finland during winter 2004/05 there I learned about this game. And if I own it at this point it's only because I had birthday during my time there and a bunch of exchange students gave it to me as a gift... I played it during my birthday and thats it... NEVER again. This game is soooo BAD it's painful!! Everything about it is bad, the playing mechanics! The graphics! Even the missconception about the african continent is at its worse!! It is dreddful!! Pure luck!! There is nothing to analyze!!

I absolutely HATE THIS GAME!!

I gave it a really RED 0.01!!

Hey everybody!! DON'T TRUST THIS GUY!! HE'S A FINN!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville T
Finland
flag msg tools
There has to be something wrong with as finns as everyone has bought this piece of cardboard... or maybe not.

Afrikan Tähti is obviously not the most complicated game, but it does have some deeper level functioning that has made it so popular. I'd say it's the same thing as with monopoly:does someone really think monopoly is complicated.. manual is 2 pages long in it.. yet still it's really loved game.

Afrikan Tähti is really nice add to a game night, as you will have time to play other games too. Duration of the game can be somewhat 20 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingemar Ragnemalm
msg tools
designer
What an over-emotional thread! This is a simple, straight-forward children/family game. The gameplay is very simple and has little room for any advanced analysis, but the whole setup is charming and entertaining, especially for the younger audience. There is a good reason why it is a classic - you don't have to be finnish to like it - but it is certainly not for advanced gamers!

Roll dice, try to find the diamond, then race. Simple, fun, and very random. The worst thing with the game is that it is way too easy to cheat by recognizing the diamond, since it is cardboard and any small mark will reveal it. We wrap the tokens in paper to get around this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.