Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself and a friend have began setting up a site for boardgame video reviews. We are not focussing so much on reviewing our opinion as we are making videos to show the components and give an over view of the rules.

We have a short practice video that is being edited now but should be up by the weekend. If you have any games that you would like to see reviewed please contact us. Any tips or suggestions are very welcome.

http://bookshelfgames.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Change since this morning. I got the video up. If anyone wants to check it out please send us any feedback you may have. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...sounds familiar. Let us know when your first video is posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah its not too original but we're just doing it for fun. I don't expect to have near the quality of production as Board Games with Scott, but hopefully a few people will enjoy watching them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd give the idea a hearty thumbsup. I think the idea of quality videos that explore the rules and provide tips such as what Board Games with Scott does, would be great.

I've thought of doing something along these lines but I do not have the time to give to a project of this nature (not to mention the number of re-edits I'd have to do because someone caught some glaring piece of information I missed!).

If I were going to do it, I'd take a look around at what was already readily available and the quality of it. I'd also focus on newly released titles.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that you don't have an RSS feed on the site. Are you planning on adding one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthan Heiselt
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Scott can't possibly review and explain every good game out there, so another video podcast is very welcome.

Good luck with the venture. I will be subscribing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely welcome another video podcast. There are certainly not enough boardgaming podcasts. I'm partial to audio because I can do so many other things while I listen, such as drive or clean. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the support hopefully we will not disappoint.

Ken - No RSS feed at this point. I know our videos are going to be a little rough at first so I think we will hold off on having people subscribe untill we get all the bugs worked out and the video looking better.

Matt - Scott does do an amazing job of getting a good variety of games out there. Ted Cheatham and Stefan Stignei also do very well. I am making a point to go check there casts and make sure that we don't repeat what is already done.

Brent - I do agree that audio podcast are in many ways better. The highlight of my work week is driving to work with a new episode of the dice tower in my CD player. But because the dice tower does such a good job keeping everyone informed on the news and current game reviews there is not much point in me even trying to make an audio podcast because I could never come close to the professional presentation of the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuck - Thanks for the advise. I will be looking around and trying not to redo anything that has already been done. Definetly will be trying to do newer releases. We were planning to do battle lore but Scott beat us to that. We will probably be filming a short on Marvel heros this weekend and I plan on picking up space dealer as soon as I can. All the games that we eill be doing will come from my collection and while I see a $150 a week purchase on games as a perfectly reasonable hobbie my wife tends to disagree but I still manage to get most of the popular ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subhuman wrote:
We will probably be filming a short on Marvel heros this weekend and I plan on picking up space dealer as soon as I can.

Sounds like a great start!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded and watched your practice video. You guys did a good job.

The only suggestion I have is to lose the text overlay in the corner. I hope you guys do some title graphics and credits for the opening and closing and get rid of the persistent name in the corner.

I look forward to your next video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for watching. I am planning to do an intro. If you think the logo will distract people I'll leave it off the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthan Heiselt
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Excellent beta video!! I very much enjoyed it. I look forward to more in the future.

If I could be as bold to make a couple of suggestions: 1) Get a cheap tripod and use it when possible. 2) Turn off the tv in the background

Great job guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both excellent points Matthan. I did buy a tripod and I will have to see what I can do about the TV. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.