Subject: Suborbital hops rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Suborbital hops seem to have been eliminated from the 3rd edition rules.

However, now some sites on the same object are connected via lander burns or half lander burns. Can a rocket move from one such a site to the other and then lift off and move elsewhere in the solar system? All in the same move, I mean?

An example for clarity: a rocket is sitting on Conamara Chaos at Europa and wants to lift off and move towards Callisto avoiding the crash hazard lander burn just outside Conamara Chaos.

Can it move to the nearby Subsurface Ocean on Europa, paying the half lander burn there, then lift off from there towards Callisto, all in the same move?

Or should the hop and the lift off be considered two different movements, to be taken in two different turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sub-orbital hops have been eliminated because they have been streamlined and incorporated into the new liftoff/landing rules. Basically it's no different than lifting off and landing thorough a lander burn to a different site.

Now I could be wrong, but even a sub-orbital hop in the old rules was a single move. So you would need two turns to move anyway: a sub-orbital hop in turn 1, then a take off in turn 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
Now I could be wrong, but even a sub-orbital hop in the old rules was a single move.

I believe that's true, since a sub-orbital hop (w/o using a buggy) involves a landing, and a landing ends your rocket move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this thread would be about a beer brewing expansion. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
@Rebus... at least it isn't Killer Bunnies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thxs Francisco.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.