Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – The Force Awakens Core Set» Forums » General

Subject: Flying on ice... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
These new twisty / zippy / flippy maneuvers make everything a lot faster and tighter with these guys - much more like flying in a vacuum.

Wonder if the dogfights in the new movies will have all of these drifts as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw how the new X-Wing can manage boosts and barrel rolls and do this fancy new Tallon roll maneuver thing - so I just had to try it out.

When I did, I was somewhat happy with it, though my opponent commented at one point during the game that "you don't have to fly everything like it's a TIE Interceptor you know?", hinting at my love for said ship.

All in all, the new X-Wing is rather zippy indeed, and I love that they included such a flexible ship in the new core set. But the caveat is that the TIE Interceptor is much more maneuverable still, mostly because it has much more green on the wheel and it's much easier to recover from stress. I might try out an X-Wing T-70 with an R2 soon, but that gets rid of BB-8 and thus the barrel roll, which is a pity.

Still, rather lovely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB Draft
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Damn... I thought you were going to talk about Hoth....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.