Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Willy's Taxidermy
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone noticed an issue with Cynder tiles warping? I picked up my copy at GenCon and store the tiles with the ones from the base sets. I have noticed that they exhibit pretty severe warpage when placed on the table. Even the short corridor has a pretty good bend in it. I wonder if there was a change in manufacturing or something for this other world? The base tiles, which have seen considerable more use, show zero signs of warping after a year of play.

I know I should be complaining to FFP but I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same phenomena first.

- John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I've seen this in other games with tiles/cardboard boards. It's often due to extreme temperatures during shipping I believe. Sometimes they'll go back to normal if you leave them out for a couple days on a table (not stacked or stored away) or get a large book that's heavy (or just has a weight ontop of it) and place that ontop of them and it should flatten them out.

If that doesn't work you can probably contact FFP about it, pretty much every time I've had faulty material in a game the company will replace them for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine have been out for a few weeks now and have shown no noticable warping. They were shipped to UK after Gencon and still no issue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No issues with warping for us.

We have found the Cynder map tiles were cut a bit differently, and are a bit harder to put together on the table. We think the connections might start to wear/fray after a while because of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Olsson
msg tools
My Cynder map tiles are warping badly as well. Bought in a FLGS in my hometown in Sweden. Have the two core-sets as well, one bought from the store as the Cynder expansion and one bought from another FLGS in Sweden, and neither shown any sign of warpage. My tiles are warping badly enough to lift 10-15 mm from the tabletop surface. Since the Cynder expansion arrived at my home in sealed in the plastic wrap from the factory I don't really subscribe to the "humidity damage during transport" theory. It feels similar to the printing issue that plagues Betrayal at the House on the Hill (who offered a free replacement scheme if I remember correctly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Barfly
France
flag msg tools
badge
SLURP
mbmbmbmbmb
Paddurz wrote:
My Cynder map tiles are warping badly as well. Bought in a FLGS in my hometown in Sweden. Have the two core-sets as well, one bought from the store as the Cynder expansion and one bought from another FLGS in Sweden, and neither shown any sign of warpage. My tiles are warping badly enough to lift 10-15 mm from the tabletop surface. Since the Cynder expansion arrived at my home in sealed in the plastic wrap from the factory I don't really subscribe to the "humidity damage during transport" theory. It feels similar to the printing issue that plagues Betrayal at the House on the Hill (who offered a free replacement scheme if I remember correctly).

I have the same problem by now...
The Cynder map tiles are stored with the map tiles of the two core sets which do not warp !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.