8 Posts

Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition): More Cash 'n More Guns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Twin Guns and Godfather Privilege rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Jimenez
United States
flag msg tools
If the godfather uses his privilege on the person with the twin guns, does he choose which of the two guns needs to be re-aimed, or do both need to be? I assume it's the former, but just want to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good question. Nothing in the expansion's rules about it.

Pending clarification, I would say the Godfather causes one gun's target to change, not both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len L
msg tools
I would say just one gun. The Twin gun can't aim both guns at the godfather (or any other player).

So if the Twin Gun isn't aiming at the godfather with either gun, the godfather shouldn't invoke his power on the twin gun (otherwise he could switch one of those guns to the godfather).

If Twin Gun is aiming one gun at the godfather, if Twin Gun could move both guns, he'd most likely move one gun off and the other one on, effectively negating the Godfather's ability throughout the game (which would see too powerful).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Repos Production
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify the rules with the twin guns, when the godfather is aimed at with the twin guns, he may ask the player to change of target.
In that case, the gun pointing at the godfather has to be changed.
If a player aims with the two guns at the godfather (you lose the interest of the twin guns but you are allowed to do it), both guns has to be changed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tsoi
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both guns has to be changed....
can the twin gun player aims two different targets then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Repos Production
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougts wrote:
Both guns has to be changed....
can the twin gun player aims two different targets then?

Yes, the twin guns allows a player to aim at two different players. If both guns has to be changed due to the Godfather's privilege, the player is free to choose his target(s)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tsoi
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That would be very interesting indeed. When I play the base game, I often aim at the godfather at the first place. If I need to change my target due to godfather's privilege, I can then choose my final target strategically as I now know what other players aim.

With the twin gun, I may probably aim both guns at godfather.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garvey Ng
United States
California
flag msg tools
this is an old question, but I wanted to follow up on your statement. The rules state the twin guns have to be aimed at 2 "different" players, so technically, both guns cannot be aimed at the godfather.

This is how I read it and interpret. Let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.