Hide
3 Posts

Rum & Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: A question about Sinbad. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Browne
msg tools
I was playing the game this last weekend and ran into this problem. I was playing Sinbad and had silence played on me. Now silence says you cannot use any abilities,reactions or attacks that cost gold. Now none of his abilities cost gold to activate they are all 0, but most of this effects(i think this is correct) are if you give gold away it will either heal or let him roll more dice. So question is does silence count towards the effects too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Silence only affects Gold Cost. It does not interact with actual effects that cause coins to be used/gained/lost/spent/etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite interesting. I totally agree with Michael answer,

Though, if the intent was to make those special powers cost variable, then silence probably should affect them (i.e. can not be performed in any way if gold is not spent), I believe it should be affected.

I am just stating the way I would consider it to be played, not the way is is to be played now.

Should be FAQd imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.