United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
and had to turn it off after 30 minutes. The political humor was way too bland, the biting satire was gone, and the canned late night format really turned me off. All the cynical things everyone said would happen to the show happened, and I didn't believe it until I actually saw it.

Too bad, The Colbert Report was one of my favorite comedy shows of all time.

crycrycry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon Batiste is the best thing about that show so far. He and his band are exceptional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
It's everything I hoped it wouldn't be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The person to put in that spot was Craig Ferguson.

Having watched them all since, he was the best and actually the most similar to carson in my opinion.

I hear jack parr was better than carson.

Colbert may have gotten tired of doing that psuedo papa bear shtick. I know I did. It was too "one note".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go back and watch the first couple of weeks of Conan when he took over for Letterman. Dude was stiff, awkward, clearly uncomfortable. I think he turned out okay. Maybe give the guy a chance to get his legs under him in this new format?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
He's getting better by the episode. #3 was way better than 1 or 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
dtolman wrote:
He's getting better by the episode. #3 was way better than 1 or 2.

I agree to a point. He's better but all the bite and quick wit of the Report is lost. I was concerned it would come off dickish in this format. Based on what I've seen so far Colbert agrees with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
I agree to a point. He's better but all the bite and quick wit of the Report is lost.

It's not lost; it's just muted. He's doing something more mainstream for a larger audience but the intelligence is still there. That interview last night with Biden, for example, was certainly not standard late night fare; it was smart and respectful, two adults talking about intense grief.

If Colbert's decided that his new gig is to be the adult in the late night room while Fallon and Kimmel and Conan all do their various types of schtick, it's not a bad role for Colbert to occupy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Valid points. I was a very good interview. I haven't given up and my DVR is still on auto-record.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.