Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Legendary: Guardians of the Galaxy» Forums » General

Subject: Shards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Dobmeyer
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just got this and read through the directions so I might have overlooked it, but does each person get 1 color of shard? Or how exactly does it work. With only 3 of each color, how exactly do you track how many shards you have and is there any difference in color?

Sorry for the newb quesiton, I know I need to understand this before I play with my 6 and 7 year olds this weekend.

Thanks!
Todd
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Colors just make the shards pretty. They currently serve no purpose.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ToddAtWSU wrote:
I just got this and read through the directions so I might have overlooked it, but does each person get 1 color of shard? Or how exactly does it work. With only 3 of each color, how exactly do you track how many shards you have and is there any difference in color?

Sorry for the newb quesiton, I know I need to understand this before I play with my 6 and 7 year olds this weekend.

No worries! You'll find we all ask questions on here! Anyway, the shards are not color specific. A shard is a shard is a shard. Other than esthetics, the color of the shard is inconsequential.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dobmeyer
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks both of you, so I assume someone can amass more than 10 at a time since color doesn't matter (well maybe to my kids it will)!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use the provided counters, instead I have gems from miscellaneous supplies. 60 is the limit, unless reduced by the scheme.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ToddAtWSU wrote:
<snip>...so I assume someone can amass more than 10 at a time since color doesn't matter...<snip>

Correct!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gautreaux
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is incorrect. There are six infinity stones and they each broke into five shards.

30 shards max.q
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But for game mechanics purposes, technically, the rules don't limit the total number of shards a person can have. Of course, the odds of shards being collected to a huge level are rather slim.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshgotro wrote:
This is incorrect. There are six infinity stones and they each broke into five shards.

30 shards max.q

Is this a serious post?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.