14 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Weapon Zero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Xindi weapon ship's release has been sighted at long last.

Release date of Dec 2015. MSRP $39.99

STAR TREK ATTACK WING WEAPON ZERO PREMIUM FIGURE

“Before your primate brain is too badly damaged to understand, I want to thank you for helping us destroy your world.”Xindi Reptilian Commander Dolim, to Ensign Hoshi Sato.

The Xindi come to Star Trek: Attack Wing in a BIG way! The Weapon Zero Premium Figure is sure to menace all opposing ships on the tabletop as the Xindi attempt to obliterate all in their path!

The Weapon Zero Premium Figure measures 4” in diameter!

The Weapon Zero Premium Figure also contains ship cards, tokens and more for use in Star Trek: Attack Wing.

The Weapon Zero Premium Figure is sure to dominate your next Star Trek: Attack Wing game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McLaury
United States
Cocoa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really happy with that MSRP, the Borg Cube and DS9 were at a price point too high to easily justify getting them, but that's a much more impulse-friendly price point, especially considering that the bigger sellers should have this for $25-30.

It's ironic, though, that this will be the retail world's introduction to the Xindi faction, what a weird place to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
Amperglyph wrote:
Really happy with that MSRP, the Borg Cube and DS9 were at a price point too high to easily justify getting them, but that's a much more impulse-friendly price point, especially considering that the bigger sellers should have this for $25-30.

It's ironic, though, that this will be the retail world's introduction to the Xindi faction, what a weird place to start.

Wondering if that means the blind ships will have some xindi in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Wondering if that means the blind ships will have some xindi in them.

They might, and that's always been a good possibility I think (unless David has them now and wants to tease us with a confirm/deny!), since they are starting the same time as the Enterprise arc. But those aren't retail releases!

I actually don't find it odd that the weapon is the first retail Xindi. More odd to me that waves 22-24 don't have any other Xindi, and at least through March 2016, the only Xindi will be the weapon, the 3 prizes and possibly some of the blinds.

Quote:
Source?

Distributor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McLaury
United States
Cocoa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike_sten wrote:
Source?

Once again, it checks out:
http://www.universaldist.com/images/document/72360%20Star%20...

yourmonkey06 wrote:
They might, and that's always been a good possibility I think (unless David has them now and wants to tease us with a confirm/deny!), since they are starting the same time as the Enterprise arc. But those aren't retail releases!

David does have them now, and he hinted that one of the blinds was "in a weird place." That may be a reference to a Xindi ship being a blind, since its expected place would be in a prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
David does have them now, and he hinted that one of the blinds was "in a weird place." That may be a reference to a Xindi ship being a blind, since its expected place would be in a prize.

Good to know. Everyone lavish him with praises quick!

Could mean anything though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if this might finally be another big base ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:

I can neither confirm nor deny anything.

Also, hi guys, nice to see my name popping up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
aaron2310 wrote:

Stop wasting time posting here when you could be preparing previews for us!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
aaron2310 wrote:

Have you got this one too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon S
msg tools
Amperglyph wrote:
Really happy with that MSRP, the Borg Cube and DS9 were at a price point too high to easily justify getting them

I thought that too, until I re-read the description... It's only 4 inches in diameter! That's not much bigger than the Borg Tactical Cube. You could fit 8 of the weapon spheres into the oversized Borg cube. I find that a little disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mauler78 wrote:
Amperglyph wrote:
Really happy with that MSRP, the Borg Cube and DS9 were at a price point too high to easily justify getting them

I thought that too, until I re-read the description... It's only 4 inches in diameter! That's not much bigger than the Borg Tactical Cube. You could fit 8 of the weapon spheres into the oversized Borg cube. I find that a little disappointing.

Not much bigger? Its almost twice the diameter. The tactical cube is about 2 1/4" in diameter. Roughly halfway between the two cubes in size.

So a large base seems a bit small for it. Particularly since in D&D the 3 (and upcoming 4th) "premium" figures which use the same nomenclature are similar to the described size and use a huge base.

Quote:
Also, hi guys, nice to see my name popping up

I figured we could see if you were like Beetlejuice. Make you appear with a video by saying your name enough times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Neat, also the price point sounds good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.