Subject: How to play stand alone missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atari 2600
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello

Has anyone come out with a way to play a stand alone missions?, something like Descent where they have a way to play stand alone missions without having to go through the whole campaign?

I want to play with some friends but not want to do a complete campaign, and are more than two so we cannot play skirmish.

Thanks

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atrusni wrote:
Hello

Has anyone come out with a way to play a stand alone missions?, something like Descent where they have a way to play stand alone missions without having to go through the whole campaign?

I want to play with some friends but not want to do a complete campaign, and are more than two so we cannot play skirmish.

Thanks

Regards,

Sadly no. However the Hoth expansion is adding 4 player skirmish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst-Jan Viergever
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is true that there are no official rules, but there it is surely possible to play standalong missions. There is a difference between side-missions and story missions in the sense that story missions work are somewhat balanced for their place in the campaign structure.

Sometimes ago I created a setup guide for playing standalone missions: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1371657/alternative-setup-p...

For me and my group this has worked pretty well. If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
For side missions you can use the pre-mission setup from Twin Shadows.

- Each Rebel hero gets 3 XP, and Rebels get 400 cr per hero (collectively 1600cr for 4 heroes). Now perform the rebel upgrade stage (tier I and II, but draw 10 from each instead of 6).
- Imperial Player receives 3 XP and can buy class cards (but no agenda cards).

Edit: and from the below post - use Threat Level 3 for the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eckhard
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
For side missions you can use the pre-mission setup from Twin Shadows.

- Each Rebel hero gets 3 XP, and Rebels get 400 cr per hero (collectively 1600cr for 4 heroes). Now perform the rebel upgrade stage.
- Imperial Player receives 3 XP and can buy class cards (but no agenda cards).

If you do that you should probably use the Threat level which is proposed for the first Twin Shadows mission, i.e. 3. That should be balanced for most side missions, since this mission is a side mission.

The Imperial player will not have access to any Agenda cards though. But that might be better since he otherwise would use all he can buy for this mission as saving them for later is not really an option...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.