Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that (loosely speaking) this is more or less the definition of "victory points" earned during play - you earn them for their own sake, and they are not useful for anything except determining victory.

So the money in Power Grid Factory Manager etc is not just "points" but indeed a resource useful for doing stuff during the game.

Some geeklists with games which might interest you:
Money=Points
Eurogames Without Victory Points
Euroish Games that you Don't Win by Scoring Points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nona de Koning
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lungarno matches your request. It plays 2-5 and uses money as both the currency during the game and to determine the winner at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
zoemzoem wrote:
An example of what I want gameplay-wise (other possibilities not excluded): I have money, invest money, make more money, invest, the most money wins. So, for example power grid: factory manager.

Isn't money just a different name for victory points in here? Both are just a version of "most of X" at the end of the game?

Maybe you would like to find games that have various victory conditions other than (semi-)fixed number of rounds and winner has "most of X"? Maybe even hidden personal victory conditions, or race (first player to reach X) games, or traitor games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Terra Mystica? You can actively spend your VPs for power throughout the game... they're another resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark downie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alchemists you earn reputation throughout the game. Having more helps you sell potions but also penalises you when you make errors.

Le Havre is all about money at the end but during the game you are constantly spending it to get buildings and other such things. It can even be used to replace food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:

Isn't money just a different name for victory points in here? Both are just a version of "most of X" at the end of the game?

No, I don't think so. I think the distinction is that in many game (Roll for the Galaxy being one of the OP's examples) the VP chips can't be used for anything during the game, you can't spend a VP chip to get some benefit. I see what the OP means but I don't really see it as a problem...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do you mean VP to be something meaningless and disconnected from the game?
Revolution! comes to mind, it calls the VP "support" and it makes sense in the game's context.
Acquire may be the only other one in my collection that fits the bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Credit Mobilier fits what you're looking for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.