Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Cotton
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly goes in the draw pool? I can't find anything in the rules that actually says which blocks go in the draw pool. I'm assuming that the nobles don't go into the pool because that doesn't make sense.

What happens to wallace, scottish king, edward, or a noble if they are pillaged?

If moray disbands does he go into the draw pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Nobles never go into the draw pool. When a Noble is eliminated in battle, it is replaced by a block of the opposite colour at strength 1.

As explained under 5.8 - Black Cross units (eg. Wallace and Edward) that are pillaged are disbanded and go into the draw pool. Nobles that are pillaged switch sides.

If you read the scenario set-ups, it explains what units are in the draw pool at the start of each scenario under English/Scottish Deployment.

Edit - If Moray disbands, he goes into the draw pool. If he is eliminated in battle, he is removed from the game (as a Black Cross block)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reynolds
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobles never go into the draw pool. As stated above, only Moray can even truly be killed from the noble standpoint.

The Scots french knight, and the Scots King marker do not go into the draw pool either. The norse unit DOES go into the draw pool by the standard rules (some players don't use it for one reason or another).

All other blocks go into the draw pool at the beginning of the game (Knights, Infantry, Hobilars, Norse, Archers).

Those that have black crosses on them that get eliminated through combat loss die, and are removed from the game (Wallace, Moray, Scot King, English King (draw pool the first time, comes back as Edward II), French Knight, Norse). If they are eliminated for any other reason, they go back to the draw pool (Pillage card, unit disbanding).

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lyons Beck
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hey man-- smell my finger!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time the rules say "Disband", they actually mean "place in Draw Pool." So, both the French Knights & Scottish King MAY be placed in the Draw Pool during Winter. The Knights can be voluntarily disbanded if they exceed an area's Castle Limit, and the King may disband wherever he is (rule 7.2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.