Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing – 2015-2016 Organized Play Reinforcement Booster Brick» Forums » General

Subject: Blind Booster Previews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Romulan is live - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0B0ZhGp4k

IRW Belak 3-2-6-4 TTWWC 30 SP Unique
When defending, you may re-roll 1 of your [battlestation] results. If your ship is cloaked, you may re-roll all of your [battlestation] results.

Generic 3-2-6-3 TWCC 28 SP

Captain Lovok Skill 3, 2SP Unique
During the Modify Attack Dice step, you may re-roll all of your blank results. If you do so, place an Auxiliary Power Token beside your ship. Look may field the “Tal Shiar” Talent Upgrade.

Tal Shiar (Elite Talent, 5 SP) Unique
During the Planning Phase, after all ships have chosen their maneuvers, you may discard this card to target a ship at Range 1-3 and loot at that ship’s maneuver dial. Then place a [battlsestation] Token beside your ship. You cannot perform a [battlsestation] Action (even as a free Action) this round. This Upgrade may only be purchased for a Romulan Captain.

Tallera (Crew, 3 SP) Unique
Action: Target a ship at Range 1-2 and roll 1 attack die. If you roll a [hit] or [crit] result, discard this card and 1 [crew] Upgrade on the target ship.

Aft Disruptor Emitters (Weapon, 2 SP, 3 Attack Dice, Range 1-3)
Attack: Disable this card to perform this attack. You may only fire this weapon at a ship that is not in your forward firing arc.

Modified Cloaking Device (Tech, 5 SP)
On the round you perform a [cloak] Action, your ship can only be target locked by a ship that is within Range 1 of your ship. In addition, you may roll your full defense dice in spite of the presence of an opposing ship’s [scan] Token while you are cloaked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited that news is getting out!

The re-roll BS ability is great while cloaked, nice little nod toward making cloaking more effective.

This means you're holding a Vor-cha right?! Huh huh? Surely?

EDIT: just read the rest of them and love it! Tallera is painful, Aft Disruptor Emitters 2SP for 3 attack anywhere is useful help toward the rubbish D'Deredix arcs! Modified Cloaking Device is nice - Scimitar is more invisible now, but it is 5SP so might make you think twice...

and thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pedro_ak wrote:

Gets out the IKS Maht'HA. Yep, holding it right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Does this mean blind ships will be larger than 30 sp going forward?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike_sten wrote:
Does this mean blind ships will be larger than 30 sp going forward?

Blind ships are now 40 SP. It was a little line in the Temporal Cold War instructions that came out, so very easy to miss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fantastic blind booster. I think I'm more excited for this one than I was for any of the previous ones. Really excited to see what else is in store for us now.

Great work on the video. Looking forward to more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
pedro_ak wrote:

Gagh! You're killing us!! Haha... In fairness, it would be the hardest thing to be sitting on 10 (TEN!!) shiny spaceships that no-one else knows anything else about... Just over 6 weeks until they are due for release... when's the next one we instantly begin to ponder....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pedro_ak wrote:
mathguy6189 wrote:
pedro_ak wrote:

Gagh! You're killing us!! Haha... In fairness, it would be the hardest thing to be sitting on 10 (TEN!!) shiny spaceships that no-one else knows anything else about... Just over 6 weeks until they are due for release... when's the next one we instantly begin to ponder....

Under 24 hours away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David, as usual, I repost your great stuff over at our german STAW forums www.NeutraleZone.net, but link back here and to your video as the source.

Thanks for providing us with the information. I write (yes, very oldschool...) STAW reviews for a german blog (weiterspielen.net), so I can fathom how much work you have to put into the effort.

I'd love to be able to provide some frist-hand-news like you to the german fan base, using either the blog or the forums, as a platform, but over here we're a bit out of the loop and lag behind, timewise. Therefore re-posting your great stuff must suffice, and it feels nearly as good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome back, Thanks for sharing. I am a monster Romulan fan, WK please Keep the Warbirds coming, I want them all

The only down side is that I want at least 3 for that Aft Disruptor Emitters

Lovok will be pretty good on the Valdor, more green

Khazara will love the aft disruptors.

Tellara will be great for begining to crack the armour in those fed defense builds.

Hey David jsut watched your video you are correct, that is Senator Vrenak. That might be a good sign for us. Kor, Mendak, Liviana, and Desoto were all released as generic captains before their unique versions.

Also looks like for the generic ship they just used the generic that came with the Khazara.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David. Is the model finish different, looks like a wash?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if we ever do get a unique Vreenak, I look forward to including both versions in the same fleet so they can argue over which is the real one and which one...isn't whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty interesting. Shows that they can make the much-maligned D'deridexes good and fun with the right upgrades in the pack (like the Haakona). I like most everything here. Will be a good addition for Romulans.

The Romulans sure are getting a staggering array of Warbirds. This is the... 5th? For them (not counting the MU Terix).

Out of curiosity did you start with this one because it was particularly interesting, or because it was just the tip of the iceberg and its going to get better from here? I hope the latter. cool

Quote:

He can confirm or deny, but it looks to me like its the translucent plastic like the Vrax and the cloaked ships (but green, of course).

kobold47 wrote:
And if we ever do get a unique Vreenak, I look forward to including both versions in the same fleet so they can argue over which is the real one and which one...isn't whistle

I see what you did there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:

It's the exact same as the Vrax from what I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:

Out of curiosity did you start with this one because it was particularly interesting, or because it was just the tip of the iceberg and its going to get better from here? I hope the latter. cool

Romulan is the faction that John Knoph (the fellow who spoiled the USS Intrepid for us on Tuesday) requested. Well, one of a couple, but it was the one I could accommodate.

Honestly, I haven't even looked at all the cards yet, I have opened them all to see what all the ships are, every pack I have looked at has something that highly intrigues me. It may not be absolutely amazing, but I think that something can be made from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting these. However, your time is valuable and you don't really want to lock yourself into having to do this everyday for ten days. Why don't you just post them all and we promise not to watch more than one a day? Deal? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David, any chance in telling us the classes and factions to hold us over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tellerium wrote:
Thank you for posting these. However, your time is valuable and you don't really want to lock yourself into having to do this everyday for ten days. Why don't you just post them all and we promise not to watch more than one a day? Deal? whistle

Because I haven't even recorded them all yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:

Nope, that's part of my "gag" order. I kid Wizkids. It's just a standard NDA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That ship ability is a nice defense buff, and the captain's ability a solid for attacks. Too bad you are limited to what is in the booster, because he just about screams for a photon torpedo to be added - rerolls blanks, BS->crit conversion from the weapon... not bad.

I can see this ship showing up pretty often outside of the blind buys... and really nice upgrade in the aft disruptors, too. Going to drive the prices on up eBay...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
Mr S Baldrick wrote:

Nope, that's part of my "gag" order. I kid Wizkids. It's just a standard NDA.

Oh well, had to try. Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job David, nice to see you posting these quickly.

Also that 0 cost Captain with Senator Vreenak's picture..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
tellerium wrote:

Because I haven't even recorded them all yet.

Ahhh...so you're just lazy. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McLaury
United States
Cocoa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tellerium wrote:
I don't think agreeing to do a series of 12-13 preview videos complete with editing and voiceover work over a period of two weeks qualifies as "lazy," normally I'd think it's just the opposite.

Great work on the first video, hopefully these blinds will come down to the same-as-retail price point on eBay the previous blind boxes have, the I.R.W. Belak is already something I'm much more interested in paying for than many of the recent retail releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amperglyph wrote:
tellerium wrote:
I don't think agreeing to do a series of 12-13 preview videos complete with editing and voiceover work over a period of two weeks qualifies as "lazy," normally I'd think it's just the opposite.

Great work on the first video, hopefully these blinds will come down to the same-as-retail price point on eBay the previous blind boxes have, the I.R.W. Belak is already something I'm much more interested in paying for than many of the recent retail releases.

I think you're taking what I said a little too seriously, and I hope David took my comment in as intended. I am very grateful for his work and for the videos, my comments have been just a bit of sarcastic fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |