Subject: Chicks! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Griswold
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm super excited for this game but I didn't hear about it until after the KS was completed. I really want to get my friends "on board" with this one and think having the choice of female protagonists would go a long way to making this dungeon crawler look fun. Most of my friends I play board games with are women and too few games have cool female badass characters. Would anyone be willing to sell or trade their KS Chicks in a Catacomb expansion? I'm also interested in the other expansions (namely, the extra boards) but this one seems like a definite must-have! Can anyone help me out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one in the US is helping you out I can get you one of the Chicks packs (and the Zombie Horde) in Essen and send it to you at cost.
Edit: What I meant was: I can buy these packs for you in Essen anyways, but maybe there is a more attractive option coming from a US geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Griswold
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
That would be incredible! Perhaps you'd be able to let me know what it'll cost you before you go through with it? Not sure what international shipping costs are like. Keep in touch and send me a geekmail if you get more info. And hopefully a US person might be able to help me out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone knows whether or not some of the kickstarter exclusives will be available at other conventions in the U.S. at some point that would be great to know. Please pass that information along if you can.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gwald43 wrote:
That would be incredible! Perhaps you'd be able to let me know what it'll cost you before you go through with it? Not sure what international shipping costs are like. Keep in touch and send me a geekmail if you get more info. And hopefully a US person might be able to help me out.

Note that one of the designers stated in another thread (which you may have already seen):

Quote:
This was our first Kickstarter campaign, we appreciate the support of our backers and certainly don't want to upset them. We are taking all the feedback into consideration for the future. Having said that, I've got loads of both Add-Ons left over from the campaign. It would make sense to make them available to people versus landfill them. Perhaps via our website for a limited time and for a slightly higher price than what was available during the campaign? People will of course then complain that the price is too high (that whole you can't please everyone thing), but they would at least be available to those people who really wanted them.

I sent Elzra an email through their website inquiring specifically about this point because in another campaign update (that was visible to non-backers like me) they had mentioned the possibility of limited quantities of the Chicks and Zombies add-ons being available.

I never got a response, but I understand they've been dealing with large email volume and have had some instances of emails being routed to spam boxes or something.

I'm going to periodically check the website for the add-ons. Doesn't sound like the extra board or some of the other Kickstarter exclusives will become available, but it sounds like there are extras of both add-on packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Griswold
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Awesome news, thanks! Shame about the extra board, that would be a great addition but getting the other packs would be cool. I hope the designer makes those available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aeroguru1978 wrote:
gwald43 wrote:

Note that one of the designers stated in another thread (which you may have already seen):

Quote:
This was our first Kickstarter campaign, we appreciate the support of our backers and certainly don't want to upset them. We are taking all the feedback into consideration for the future. Having said that, I've got loads of both Add-Ons left over from the campaign. It would make sense to make them available to people versus landfill them. Perhaps via our website for a limited time and for a slightly higher price than what was available during the campaign? People will of course then complain that the price is too high (that whole you can't please everyone thing), but they would at least be available to those people who really wanted them.

I sent Elzra an email through their website inquiring specifically about this point because in another campaign update (that was visible to non-backers like me) they had mentioned the possibility of limited quantities of the Chicks and Zombies add-ons being available.

I never got a response, but I understand they've been dealing with large email volume and have had some instances of emails being routed to spam boxes or something.

I'm going to periodically check the website for the add-ons. Doesn't sound like the extra board or some of the other Kickstarter exclusives will become available, but it sounds like there are extras of both add-on packs.

We are currently considering a way to make the limited quantity of Add-Ons we have at the office available on a first come, first serve basis. This is to offset costs we incurred due to the fall of the Canadian dollar after the campaign. Regarding the extra board, I asked the printer if they had any left over and they claim they don't have any. That's not how it would usually work (what about replacements?), but that is the story they are sticking to and I have asked them more than once. It's not much of a consolation, but we are planning to make other boards available in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Griswold
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
That's a great consolation. More variety is the only concern.

Sign me up for first-come, first-serve release. I'd love to get my hands on the KS Chicks expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I would like a copy of "Chicks" as well, if I can afford it Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Reed
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... This is the line then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[Enters queue]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Can I join the line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We made progress today on how we are going to handle this process and will provide a link here when it is ready. Thanks for your patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as interested in picking up some of the addons I missed out on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed out on the Kickstarter so I had to order a retail copy. soblue

The only exclusive I really care about getting is the Chicks! So I'll join this line as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocky Borg
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the kickstarter but didn't get the chicks and zombies addons. Now that I've played the game and really enjoy it I would love to be able to get those addons now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishing I had backed this as getting a complete copy now is very pricey. Count me in as interested in Chicks or any other add-ons that are available post fulfillment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably too late, but me too!

I've pre-ordered the retail version with the expansion as well. Found out about all the KS exclusives cry Would love to buy any of the KS stuff from the developers.

Any news from others in regards to getting your hands on this content?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverBirch wrote:
Probably too late, but me too!

I've pre-ordered the retail version with the expansion as well. Found out about all the KS exclusives cry Would love to buy any of the KS stuff from the developers.

Any news from others in regards to getting your hands on this content?

We are still making progress on our pre-order system for the Add-Ons and expect to have it sorted out after Spiel (we're tied up with preparing for the show). The add-ons will also be available at Schwerkraft-Verlag's booth at Spiel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Spafford
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
Can we set up a deal? I'd like to take you up on the offer of getting me Zombie Horde and Chicks in a Catacomb. If you're still able to read this in time before essen ends. Send me a PM and we'll set something up. You have no idea how greatful I would be to get a copy of both of those!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OBrien
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i would like to get in line too, have the KS, but want the chicks and zombies to go with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link where you can order the two Add-Ons as a package (Chicks in a Catacomb and the Zombie Horde).
Sometimes there can be issues with a card getting charged by Stripe. Don't panic as we'll work through any issues with you. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Griswold
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
$55 is way too much for my blood (more than the base game?) so I guess I'll ultimately pass but thanks for making these available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Same for me. Can't afford that much, but if the price drops please let us know. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were about $40 US during the campaign, so $55 post campaign with shipping included doesn't seem too far out of bounds for Kickstarter Exclusive items.

Considering that I've seen individual KS Exclusive items go for a lot more that $55 on ebay, this seems pretty reasonable. I'm not saying it's cheap! Just that, knowing the nature of KS Exclusives for highly regarded games like Catacombs, these are likely to become even more expensive as time goes on in the second hand market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.