Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Haack
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am on my second copy of loopin Chewie since purchasing it on Force Friday. My sons and I have played it a few times and the motor gives out, I change the batteries think that maybe the problem, however with the new batteries in it still does not work. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He'd probably need to bolt it to a table or Chewie is taking off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike I
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
mbmbmbmb
Haagnbus922 wrote:
I am on my second copy of loopin Chewie since purchasing it on Force Friday. My sons and I have played it a few times and the motor gives out, I change the batteries think that maybe the problem, however with the new batteries in it still does not work. Is anyone else having this issue?

Take a look at this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/807454/replacement-motor-so...

It looks like the Mabuchi FA-130 is a straight replacement motor for both previous Loopin Louie games. I'd bet it would work on Loopin Chewie as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haagnbus922 wrote:

I'm on my second copy, too. Same issue. Put in new batteries and it MIGHT chug along for a few seconds... and then dies.

Serious quality issues here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Loopin Louie had this problem. I had no luck getting replacements from he publisher (Canadian Design Group). I ended up replacing the motor, as detailed in the above link. Louie is super fast now, which overall is a benefit to the game, IMHO. It was easy to do.

I would recommend returning your copy of LC until you get a working one, if possible. If not, install a new motor as above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bright side: use the three spare flippers to convert your game into a 6-player game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.