Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heeeeeeeeelp meeeeeee! Heeeeeeelp meeeeeeeee! I've been taken over by an insane artificial intelligence, which can only be defeated if you download and listen to this episode of Flip the Table about the cult classic The Omega Virus! [TRYYYYYYY AND STOP ME, YOU, HUMAN, SCUM!!!]

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2015/09/heeeeeeeeelp-meeee...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously??? Now my childhood is hurt!

I loved this game as a kid...

You human scum....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's the Ludology thread for the episode they did with Mike Gray:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/15291109

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got you huys by nearly a decade, so my childhood game from 8th grade was Dark Tower, but I picked this up on Clearance when I was dating my wife. Sounds like you guys enjoyed it about as much as it deserves - it actually can be pretty stupid fun, and it's over quickly.

I played this with my gaming group not far after Dark Tower actually (kind of a Nostalgia Month). While the artwork by Bob Pepper in Dark Tower is amazing and helps the game capture you, the guys actually enjoyed Omega Virus a tad more after all these years, and I can see why. Dark Tower is multi-solitaire, but the annoying voice makes OV more "active" and everyone is involved and seeing everything going on. It's not a grail game if you don't have it, but it's fun if you see it at a thrift store or garage sale.

btw, Flip, I actually have 2 working Dark Tower "towers", so if you're ever in the area, I sell you cheap (well. mostly cheap) the one that moves and stops a tad too far to the left every time. whistle

Shameless self-plug: I cocovered this on Dice Tower 295, including annoying voice samples.

Nice remix at the end, Chris....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Perna

New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never have so many had so much fun by a stupid squawk box yelling at them.

I'd say you guys need to get your hands on Fireball Island now to sum up my gaming youth - but apparently that one's gone all sorts of difficult to get. (don't play the ebay game on that one for your sanity's sake)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG the song at the end is awesome! coolcoolcool

Is there a way we can get that as a stand alone download?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That song, along with all the other music from our show, is available as part of our Deluxe Soundtrack. All our Patrons get all the music, plus new tracks as they're added.

http://patreon.com/flipthetable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Chase

Beaverton
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably top ten episodes material right here. Well done guys! Especially the battle of wits. Kudos Flip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Dyer
United States
Coventry
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great episode, you guys are the reason i joined Bgg thanks for puting out an excellent quality podcast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CWM
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ye Gods! That Song was amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Priddy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between the new X-Com game, Escape Curse of the Temple, atmospheric CDs with games like Fortune&Glory/A Touch of Evil & how everyone has these phone computers now (or easy access to the internet to stream music), this is one mechanic with the sound box should be coming easy to return to games. Even if it's not a audio timed piece, it adds a lot to the mood of the game (if you are playing somewhere that everyone can hear it).

Would suggest that if anyone breaks this out, try the atmospheric Orbital Platform (on Tabletop Audio - www.tabletopaudio.com) in the background to just add a little more to the computer taunting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always enjoy the podcast, and this episode was terrific fun.

I listened to an interview with the designer years ago where he mentioned that they'd built a 'secret difficulty mode' into the game. Sure enough, they did and I found it. It's a 'jumpy virus' variant - the virus jumps to a new room if you don't manage to kill it. The details are in this thread:

Jumpy Virus Easter Egg

It definitely makes the game more difficult! And it's extremely cool that they hid an easter egg like this into the game. I love this kind of stuff, so I had to keep working at it until I discovered the secret.

Love the podcast!

Bob Pony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the Family Feud Battle-of-Wits, I think you should make your regular offer of 10,000 in the mail to anyone who had their answer read out.

Of course, if all 53 people respond then you risk devaluing FTT points against the US$ and other foreign currencies; you can't just keep printing 10,000 points without consequences you know!!!

Great game concept Flip. Hope it becomes a staple alongside the other fan survey ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.