South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Been a member of this site for a little while, and been reading it for even longer. I have quite a few games, as you can see from my list, and I currently carry most of them around in one of these:

http://www.ideastreamproducts.com/vaultz/VZ01270.html

I have 15 400-count boxes, and they're labeled on the end with what games are inside. I have a tackle box from Walmart with my dice, chess set, and counters in it. I have an accordion style plastic folder for my Cheapass games and various rules, along with a cheap paper folder for holding Frag maps and the like. If people would like, I can take some pictures tomorrow.

I am a college student, and therefore can't just put everything into my game room, which I'll have once I get my own place and all that jazz.

The question most of you will think is why do I need to carry all of those games with me. I'm an MIB and so having my Steve Jackson collection on hand when I game allows for me to be prepared for any kind of gamer or question. I have most of the others because I have many gaming friends, and being able to just pick this up and take it with me works very well. We can get a group of 4-5 together, head down to the TV room in my dorm, and play for hours on end (when we get time, of course).

I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions or methods that they use now or can think to recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks expensive. I tend to drive and use the trunk but my Buick is no doubt more expensive than that trunk. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I do most of my gaming in either my dorm or just across campus (granted, it is Penn State, so that's big, but no big deal), it's not a huge problem to just use a large vault.

Oh, and not having a driver's license, that'll kill that too... soblue

I guess more what I'm after is ideas for easier transportation. Bookbags that hold games well, vaults with more storage space, or better organization ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I use plastic totes carried on a folding dolly. The dolly was ~$40 from OSH, has large wheels and is very sturdily made. The plastic totes carry a large number of games, protect them from the weather, and can be easily replaced or substituted with other totes without effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad idea, but sounds rather similar to my Vault. If it comes to multiple boxes though, you may be onto something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the same approach as Clearclaw. Clear 12 gallon plastic totes from Costco at about $6-$7 apiece. Not an improvement over what you are doing now. It only comes in handy when the volume of your game collection starts approaching the unreasonable size and you need to start stacking quantities of these totes together. I like them as I label them to contents, but it is also easy to glance directly at the contents of a particular tote. When I'm going to a game night I just fill one or two totes with the games that I think may be of particular interest that evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:
I have an accordion style plastic folder for my Cheapass games and various rules

That's really clever. I'll have to grab one of those the next time I'm in Megalomart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the cheaper version of the tote described above (Plastic, and does not lock, but folds down to 4 inches thick.

At conventions, I use two large plastic totes on a dolly since I have to carry so many games.

Re: Accordion folder: For my Age of Steam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:
I use the cheaper version of the tote described above (Plastic, and does not lock, but folds down to 4 inches thick.

At conventions, I use two large plastic totes on a dolly since I have to carry so many games.

Re: Accordion folder: For my Age of Steam.

So far everything has fit into my AoS box...I'm about two more expansions away from overflowing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

So far everything has fit into my AoS box...I'm about two more expansions away from overflowing...

My complaint was trying to find two map sheets and instructions to go together when I wanted to play one map. They kept getting mixed up in the box, and the box itself was overflowing. This way, I can find each expansion easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.