Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac is doing a great job and everyone who signed up for this campaign did so knowing there was not going to be any kickstarter exclusives so suck it up people.
Its going to be a great game and trying to make yours better than other peoples because you got in first is ridiculous.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Isaac focus on making this game brilliant not on pleasing the few. You know what you intended to do from the start.

Also I backed because I read your Cones of Dunshire project (and Rahdo ofcourse).

Side note some cool kickstarter goal ideas
1. blacked out plastic baggies for envelopes (just for people who what to reseal the game and start again)
2. Custom stands! (will probably never happen but it'd be cool. You could have ground with little 3D printed grass and mushrooms for heroes and bones at the feet for the bosses)

Your doing a great job thanks happy Backer

Mick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said.

There's a huge difference as well between stretch goals on a project that clearly is going into KS with room for expansion but no obvious expectations of stretching too much, and your average CMON KS in which at least the first $1-2M worth of stretch goals won't be stretching them at all.

The perfect example is the "stretch goal" they just added on The Others of a music cd/download. They said it themselves: "We commissioned..." ie We knew this was never in doubt, we're simply trickling information out a tidbit at a time to keep people talking about the release.

Isaac, on the other hand, is creating new characters/content as they're unlocked. He clearly has a lot he can do on the game and any extra contribution is gratefully received and will make for a better game for everyone. It's not just one big sales and marketing gimmick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
do we really need this many threads created hashing out this dang topic? can't we keep all this crap in just one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
do we really need this many threads created hashing out this dang topic? can't we keep all this crap in just one?

This got meta quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

I prefer to have as many threads as possible. Why limit ourselves to one or two giant threads when no one reads past the first page anyway? It just becomes like a special club for people who happened to be watching and posted the first couple responses. They rake in the thumbs while anyone coming along later never really had the same opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mick_whyte wrote:
Side note some cool kickstarter goal ideas
1. blacked out plastic baggies for envelopes (just for people who what to reseal the game and start again)

This is actually one of the best ideas so far! Would really appreciate this a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the creator of the thread. Couldn't be more happy with the campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.