Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

1) Can a player decide to eliminate a reinforcement that he cannot place once he draws the unit?

(I'm thinking of Jacquinot's 1 point cavalry units if the Prussians overrun the entrance region.)

2) Can Prussian tactical leaders support battles involving "British" units and vice-versa?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
sharpe1813 wrote:
Hi,

1) Can a player decide to eliminate a reinforcement that he cannot place once he draws the unit?

(I'm thinking of Jacquinot's 1 point cavalry units if the Prussians overrun the entrance region.)

2) Can Prussian tactical leaders support battles involving "British" units and vice-versa?

Thanks!

Very interesting questions Dan.

The answer is negative for both.

Do you believe this something not clear enough in the rules manual?

ALL THE BEST

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
sharpe1813 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Very interesting questions Dan.

The answer is negative for both.

Do you believe this something not clear enough in the rules manual?

ALL THE BEST

emanuele

Some rules are clear; some rules are not worded well enough to explain the designer's intent or are not put in the best section of the rules. Hence, the developing FAQ on this site.

If at some point you decide to develop a new edition, I would be happy to proofread the rules for clarity.

In case 1, this is an area that needs amendment. It is a heavy penalty for the French to keep recycling units that cannot enter play. The owning player should be given the option to remove a drawn unit. This removal would cost the immediate reinforcement penalty but not a morale penalty.

Thanks for monitoring your game page!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
A pleasure to get this precious feedback.

1914: GERMANY AT WAR uses the same mechanic and it is "supposed" to hit in October.

Filip is rewriting the rules sequence and these are very welcome.

Grazie

emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sharpe1813 wrote:

If at some point you decide to develop a new edition, I would be happy to proofread the rules for clarity.

We are currently working on the rulebook for 1914. Once it is further developed we will upload it on BGG.
I'd love to get your feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.