Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [AMAZON] PACG - Skull and Shackles Base Set $29.99 (3P fulfilled by Amazon / Prime) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Redd
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Skulls and Shackles Base Set

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N7U28SM?creativeASIN=B00...)

$27.99 (53% off MSRP) 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon, Prime Eligible

Now $29.99 (still 50% off MSRP) 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon, Prime Eligible. ONLY ONE left at the time of this post.

Glad someone noticed it at $22 from a 3P also and hope somebody snatched them up too before they were gone. Having a great time with this game.

On clearance at MM for $30 (plus shipping)/ CSI $39.99 (plus shipping)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wallace
msg tools
mb
Re: [AMAZON] PACG - Skull and Shackles Base Set $27.99 (3P fulfilled by Amazon / Prime)
Game Face (also a 3rd party Amazon seller) has it for $22 with prime shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Pathfinder-Adventure-Card-Game-Shackle...

Not many ratings, though, so you might be taking a bit of a risk. Figured it was worth mentioning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ultraconsumer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [AMAZON] PACG - Skull and Shackles Base Set $27.99 (3P fulfilled by Amazon / Prime)
crazy wallace wrote:
Game Face (also a 3rd party Amazon seller) has it for $22 with prime shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Pathfinder-Adventure-Card-Game-Shackle...

Not many ratings, though, so you might be taking a bit of a risk. Figured it was worth mentioning.

If it's fulfilled by Amazon, though, it really doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wallace
msg tools
mb
Good point. I guess I didn't think about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always wanted to try out Pathfinder. Figured this was a price as any. Plus I don't have any pirate themed games yet.

Thanks OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad R
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time for my birthday! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely worth it at that price. Even if you never purchase the rest of the Adventure Decks it would be worth the 10 adventures it comes with for that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, picked up one along with the first adventure deck. Got that for $13.74. Now to hear the wife complain about more games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Valdes
United States
MIAMI
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this. I have Rise of the Runelords and have been having fun playing it with my daughter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnpatrick Marr
United States
Buffalo
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll bite @ $22, my wife was just commenting we need a new co-op to follow up on Legendary Encounters. A very different system, obviously, but seems to have a similar teamwork aspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had completely missed William's post and didn't notice the lower price until Johnpatrick's comment. Luckily I was able to cancel my original order and pick it up for $22.

Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One question about Pathfinder - are the character packs for other base sets compatible with this one? I imagine the adventure packs would be a really odd mix but adding new characters might work. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
A third party seller now has it for $17.99 + $3.99 shipping. 2
$21.98 shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral BS
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
quidom wrote:
One question about Pathfinder - are the character packs for other base sets compatible with this one? I imagine the adventure packs would be a really odd mix but adding new characters might work. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I believe they're all compatible, but a difference in theme and keywords may cause problems for you. The example I saw was the firearms keyword - it's common in Skull & Shackles, but not other sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go_Petunias wrote:
A third party seller now has it for $17.99 + $3.99 shipping. 2
$21.98 shipped.

Wow that's an awesome price. I sooo wish this was a game I actually wanted. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Squires

Fayetteville
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked it up at the $22 price. Been looking at this game for awhile. Thanks OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joker323 wrote:
Picked it up at the $22 price. Been looking at this game for awhile. Thanks OP!

I'm not seeing it being offered for that price. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they are out, Dan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
admiralbullshit wrote:

I believe they're all compatible, but a difference in theme and keywords may cause problems for you. The example I saw was the firearms keyword - it's common in Skull & Shackles, but not other sets.

Thanks! That makes sense. Kind of like using a Marvel Legendary expansion with Aliens. It could work but it might get wonky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quidom wrote:
admiralbullshit wrote:

Thanks! That makes sense. Kind of like using a Marvel Legendary expansion with Aliens. It could work but it might get wonky.

The Admiral is right. The various adventure paths are compatible, as in the have the same rules (there are some terminology changes between Rise of the Runelords and the other adventure paths, but they are pretty easy to learn). Most of the characters from Rise of the Runelords would do just fine in Skull and Shackles, since Rise of the Runelords is more "basic" in terms of the cards. i.e. Skull and Shackles has ships and firearms. Some characters have powers that refer to ships and firearms. But no all characters do. One character (Jirelle) has powers that interact with cards that have the Swashbuckling trait. You won't find those kinds of cards in Rise of the Runelords. But the majority of the characters would play just fine in any set.

Do note, you are not intended to continue your character from one adventure path to the next. You are supposed to start a new character. The "new" character can be the same character you played previously, but they don't bring over any of their cards or feats or upgrades. They start from scratch again.

I think this is a great game, and wholeheartedly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hawkmoon!

I am excited to be jumping into another deck builder, especially one that I have read such good things about. There seems to be a lot of additional content for S&S between new characters and adventures. I imagine once I get the game and become more familiar with it I will be able to figure out what additional packs would be good to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Berry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a pace to get the original character cards again? I see how to get character add ons, but not the base 6 or 8 characters. Ie, if I mark up my cards physically and want to start over. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral BS
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mecheng_analyst wrote:
Is there a pace to get the original character cards again? I see how to get character add ons, but not the base 6 or 8 characters. Ie, if I mark up my cards physically and want to start over. thanks

If you want the physical cards again, you may be able to get Paizo to send you replacements. Paizo also has character sheets you can print out and use in place of the physical cards. I was using these for a while, but now I just put a KMC Perfect Fit sleeve on the character cards and mark the checkboxes with a sharpie. Once that dries, I put a clear Ultra Pro deck protector on the outside just to be sure it doesn't get on my other cards.

Edit: You can find them here, but you will need to create an account first: http://paizo.com/products/btpy914x?Community-Use-Package-Pat...

Edit 2: It's worth mentioning that there's decklist .PDF's in the download that contain a checklist of every card in the game, so you can "save" your character decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Berry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
admiralbullshit wrote:
mecheng_analyst wrote:

If you want the physical cards again, you may be able to get Paizo to send you replacements. Paizo also has character sheets you can print out and use in place of the physical cards. I was using these for a while, but now I just put a KMC Perfect Fit sleeve on the character cards and mark the checkboxes with a sharpie. Once that dries, I put a clear Ultra Pro deck protector on the outside just to be sure it doesn't get on my other cards.

Edit: You can find them here, but you will need to create an account first: http://paizo.com/products/btpy914x?Community-Use-Package-Pat...

Edit 2: It's worth mentioning that there's decklist .PDF's in the download that contain a checklist of every card in the game, so you can "save" your character decks.

Awesome, thanks for the quick and detailed reply. I will check this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, MM has a few PACG decks still on clearance:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ssearch?q=Pathfinder+Adventur...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.