8 Posts

War on Terror» Forums » Variants

Subject: New card suggestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
justin argent
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
polonium 210 - i understand that has already been suggested somewhere, but a little terrorist wanders about dropping radiation counters behind him for a turn or two sounds cute

UN resolution - yep the card that you can play, sounds important, does nothing

Terrorist crackdown - On the rare occation that security forces do uncover a terrorist plot they arrest said terrorists and steal their assets. Terrorist are removed from the place the card is played and if a terrorist player is in the game they loose 25% cash to the empire in question

any more suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B.
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's late and I'm exhausted, but here are a few idears off the top o' me head (I'm sure to revise them later):

"Disaster Capitalism" wherein you reduce one of your cities to a village (the disaster) but generate $500 million (from your consumers spending their shock and awe into oblivion).

Or how about "Tax Cuts" -- reduce 2 towns to 2 villages and place one city. Something like that.

"Unelected President" -- Take one card at random from each empire opponent, name a new evil empire and use those cards against that empire.

"The Decider" -- Immediately name the next evil empire player (the spinner is not used).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin argent
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
i like the idea that there is a card that allows you to change the axis of evil randomly

something like

mysterious media mogal - the powers that control the media decide to create hysteria and on a chosen empire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badger attackist wrote:
UN resolution - yep the card that you can play, sounds important, does nothing

Oh that is brilliant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sheerin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Liking these! Keep them coming ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james starky
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

I've been reading Mark Curtis' 'Britain's Secret Human Rights Abuses' and its gave me some ideas;

How about a card called PUBLIC PROTEST: when an Empire wages war against another, the defending Empire can play the card to quash the attack during that turn (The attacking Empire is forced to delay the war due to internal protest, although we know protest doesn't really stop war).

An attacking Empire could then quash the Protest card with another card called OPINION MANAGEMENT, which blocks the Protest and allows the war to go ahead.

Of course Evil Empires can ignore being served the Protest card and wage their war!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D A
msg tools
M.A.D. Once this card is in play it stays in play until the end of the game (or... until someone uses a nuke. Then maybe remove it from play.)

If MAD is in on the table when a player plays a nuke any player who has one and a city to launch it from can also play theirs.

Dunno if this is workable but would be interesting. I think to be effective you would need more nuke cards but this game would be too brutal with more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Van der Steen
Belgium
flag msg tools
on the "global jihad" issue, maybe you can balance it out some more, by adding a "whispered by God" card to the empire deck, some nations does like to play the "God card" in real life even when they are not bible belt groupies
It isn't because you say it is all about religion beliefs that it can't be just for regular profiteering

And maybe you can choose not to play the global jihad card if you have it, if you don't want to use it, you get 3 additional terrorist cards that you can use instantly.

A new card (that can only be played once in a game) can be that you force an empire to save the world bank from bankruptcy by injecting it with 75% of all the empire's money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.