Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says:
Quote:
Pardon one flavor of Sin for any Pilgrim and add one cube as usual, but receive no payment.

And the book repeats, without explaining further:
Quote:
Pardon one flavor of Sin for any Pilgrim and add one cube as usual, but receive no payment. Like his feline namesake, Saint Felix teaches us how to purge impurities from deep within.

Do I use just the Relic card, or do I need a Pardon card at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you had to use a Pardon card also, then this card would be worse than useless since you lose the payment and gain nothing in return.

The card says Pardon one flavor of any sin, and doesn't mention the need to use a Pardon card. You don't need a Pardon card but the drawback is you don't get any payment. You might be willing to forego the payment if the cube was more important to you, or if you knew another player had that Pardon card and would receive a large payment. "I see you sitting there with a Gluttony Pardon, drooling over that pilgrim with 4 Gluttony Sins. You think you're about to earn 16 coins because you know I don't have a Gluttony Pardon. But you don't know I have the Furball. Boo-yah! No 16 coins for you."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.