Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
......... Trade Geeklist is located here.

Key dates

Submissions Open: immediately
Submissions Close: Wednesday Sept 30 after 11pm
Want Lists Due: Friday Oct 2 at 11pm. Results will be posted ASAP afterwards.

Trade Date & Location

The main trade will take place at the Game On! Event at Shopsy's in Markham on Saturday Oct 10, hosted by Wood for Sheep. If you cannot attend that event, you are welcome to drop off and pick up your games at any of the following gaming events in the Toronto area instead.

Drop-off:
1. Sun. Oct 4, 11am - 5pm @ Ryerson - 350 Victoria St
2. Mon. Oct 5, 4pm - 10pm @ Face to Face Games - 2077a Danforth Ave
3. Tue. Oct 6, 6pm - 10pm @ Mitchell Field Community Centre - 89 Church Ave, North York
4. Wed. Oct 7, 6pm - 10pm @ 401 Games - 518 Yonge St, 2nd Floor
5. Sat. Oct 10, 2pm - 5pm @ Shopsy's - 7240 Woodbine Ave
* Drop-offs on other days can be done at 500 Sherbourne St

Pick-up:
1. Sat. Oct 10, 5pm - 8pm @ Shopsy's - 7240 Woodbine Ave
2. Sun. Oct 11, 11am - 9pm @ Ryerson - 350 Victoria St
3. Mon. Oct 12, 12pm - 10pm @ Face to Face Games - 2077a Danforth Ave
4. Tue. Oct 13, 6pm - 10pm @ Mitchell Field Community Centre - 89 Church Ave, North York
5. Wed. Oct 14, 6pm - 10pm @ 401 Games - 518 Yonge St, 2nd Floor
* Pick-ups on other days can be done at 500 Sherbourne St

Please send a geekmail message to the organizer once results are posted to confirm your drop off and pick up plans. For more information about any of these events, please see details on the Toronto Boardgame and Social Meetup Calendar (group membership is required to view calendar).

Notes

Gift Certificates may be included only if they are purchased online and deliverable by email. Cash substitutions are NOT permitted. Links to purchase gift certificates from our FLGS: --- Wood for Sheep --- 401 Games

Please post any questions or comments about the trade in this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuan Hu
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks Sara for hosting this trade again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sara, it appears this math trade wasn't listed in the Math Trade Announcements thread. Just a heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for Ground Floor, from TMG. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that I have edited the geeklist description to include the following text since I am often asked about it and prefer everyone to use this feature if they are posting multiple copies of an identical item.

To include multiple identical items, including gift certificates of the same value, copy the following text into the description of your item, updating for how many copies you would like to include.

%Options%
Copies: 3
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The drop-off and pick-ups have been updated as follows:

Confirmed: Sundays will be at Ryerson.
Added: Tuesday evenings at Mitchell Field Community Centre in North York.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Korea
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can I drop off friday night at 500 sherbourne (or any location)? Or very early saturday? I am heading out early on saturday for a wedding. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kidkorea wrote:
Can I drop off friday night at 500 sherbourne (or any location)? Or very early saturday? I am heading out early on saturday for a wedding. Thanks!

Definitely! Friday night would work fine. We can confirm after the trade results are posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of D&D Dice Masters Super Rares that I'd be interested in trading.

What would be the recommended way of listing them? If I put them under the base set and then clarified it was the one card only then people might not realise what they were trading for if they didn't pay attention, but outside the scope of BGG seems a bit odd.

Is there a canonical way of doing this?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fortheloveofdice wrote:
I have a couple of D&D Dice Masters Super Rares that I'd be interested in trading.

What would be the recommended way of listing them? If I put them under the base set and then clarified it was the one card only then people might not realise what they were trading for if they didn't pay attention, but outside the scope of BGG seems a bit odd.

Is there a canonical way of doing this?

Thanks!

Collectible games are a little strange and there are no specific rules regarding this. I would recommend putting it under a miscellaneous category (either accessory or merchandise) and using the altname tags to describe the item so it shows up clearly in the OLWLG. But there is nothing to say you cannot put it under the base set as long as the description is VERY clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karlyn Singh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forget where the submit button is on the OLWLG and, looking around, I can't find it (I thought it was supposed to be on the same page as your want list summary). Anyone want to help me out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep submit is missing, sent PM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayjonbeach wrote:
Yep submit is missing, sent PM

Fixed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Brown
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Both of the example companies (Wood for Sheep, 401) for gift cards only offer them in fixed quantities (10, 25, 50, 100).

Most of the gift certificates offered are in different quantities.

What should we do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Korea
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ad_hoc wrote:
Both of the example companies (Wood for Sheep, 401) for gift cards only offer them in fixed quantities (10, 25, 50, 100).

Most of the gift certificates offered are in different quantities.

What should we do?

I am especially curious about the user offering $37 or $42 gift cards. They better round up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karlyn Singh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only questionable amounts are $5 and $15 (and amounts that aren't divisible by 5). The rest can be created by combinations of cards (3 $10 cards instead of a $30 one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you will only accept gift certificates from a particular company, make sure they are available in the relevant amount. For example, if you specifically want gift cards to 401 Games, only add gift cards that can be created with combinations of $10 and $25. Amazon.ca lets you write in an amount so there is at least one online retailer that could support $5, $37 or $42 gift cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are now posted to the OLWLG! If anything looks incorrect with the results, please let me know so we can correct it as soon as possible.

Thanks for participating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom in Toronto
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sara, for running the MT and posting the results so fast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thanks! And you'll likely see me when I lug Tom's stuff up for the trade. Other than what I drop off to him tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Free stuff.

Can drop off the following items at Shopsy's Sat Oct 10. Other arrangements possible. Please either post here or contact me via Geekmail.

Thanks.

---------------

Halli Galli
Blue Moon: The Khind
Blue Moon: The Mimix
Blue Moon: Earth Spirit

Runes

Spartacus: Acerbitas Promo Card

Spartacus: Hadrianus Promo Card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Sara! Incredibly pleased with the trade results!! You rock!!!

Now... how the hell to get out to Markham? Good thing there are drop-off options...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks indeed - and the drop off locations are amazing, I couldn't have participated otherwise.

For gift certificates I'll make arrangements with people directly... just wondering if they are tracked in any way and need to be marked as complete?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fortheloveofdice wrote:
Thanks indeed - and the drop off locations are amazing, I couldn't have participated otherwise.

For gift certificates I'll make arrangements with people directly... just wondering if they are tracked in any way and need to be marked as complete?

Glad you could participate! I do keep track of gift cards, and will confirm with the people receiving gift cards that they have them before allowing games to be picked up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simmmons27 wrote:
Seems to be the case that 401 only sells gift cards for in-store use, and thus no email delivery. Can anyone confirm. I suppose it still works in the context of the trade if the recipient is OK picking up the gift card from 401?
Thanks.

Agreed. Their website and online purchasing is still fairly new, so I'm sure they will eventually have a completely online option. In-store pick-up should be acceptable for most people though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |