John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) can you change "race and/or class" cards after you've played them

2) and assuming you can, I know cards once played can never go back in to your hand so can you sell them? give them away/trade them? or even just toss them back to the discard pile?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S.
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) yes
2) you have to discard the race/class you are replacing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, even in the middle of combat.

They can only be discarded. Sales and trades can only happen with Items (ie they have a Gold Piece value or the words No Value). EVerythign else is not an Item and get discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klz_fc wrote:
Yes, even in the middle of combat.

They can only be discarded. Sales and trades can only happen with Items (ie they have a Gold Piece value or the words No Value). EVerythign else is not an Item and get discarded.
I thought once combat started you/your character are kind of "frozen"...(in the sense you can't change items you've equipped, etc...and if that's the case I wouldn't think that in the middle of combat you could change your race?)(I thought "1-time cards" were about all you could add to the cards already in front of you once combat started, and therefore you couldn't add/change race or class because that would require you to play those new cards from your hand?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rule book wrote:
You can discard a Race card at any time, even in combat: “I don’t wanna be an elf anymore.” When you discard a Race card, you become human again

rule book wrote:
You can discard a Class card at any time, even in combat: “I don’t wanna be a wizard anymore.” When you discard a Class card, you become classless until you play another Class card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
rule book wrote:
You can discard a Race card at any time, even in combat: “I don’t wanna be an elf anymore.” When you discard a Race card, you become human again

rule book wrote:
You can discard a Class card at any time, even in combat: “I don’t wanna be a wizard anymore.” When you discard a Class card, you become classless until you play another Class card
ok...thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where in the rule book does it say you can change race any time? I know it said that about class, but I seem to recall it specifying race doesn't work that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Where in the rule book does it say you can change race any time? I know it said that about class, but I seem to recall it specifying race doesn't work that way.

Erm....

rule book wrote:

rule book wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.... I swear I had seen it said the exact opposite way back when, but pulling out a random rule "book" from one of the sets...yep it does indeed say you can discard race at any time. My bad, ignore me & carry on. blush

It's good to re-read the rules every now & then. If for nothing else than to not make a fool of yourself in an internet rules argument...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.