Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So happy that CMoN has pulled itself off the exclusives teet. Only 3 so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we really need another thread like this? You realize you're going to be typecast, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please don't bother me ... I'm busy quadruple pledging this game to pay for a month's mortgage next year. I win again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Plague had tons of exclusives and they made 4 million.

What lesson did they learn exactly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But black plague characters and zombicide in general sucks. So the exclusives are so similar that it doesn't matter. I totally agree that I hate a million exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antivelar wrote:
But black plague characters and zombicide in general sucks. So the exclusives are so similar that it doesn't matter. I totally agree that I hate a million exclusives.

Yes, you have made it quite clear by your numerous posts/threads/comments towards that fact and the EB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
Really don't mind the exclusives as much as I used to... Now add-ons... Especially KS exclusive ones... That annoys me. I can shell out 100$ but rum and bones level or shelling out ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Antivelar wrote:
But black plague characters and zombicide in general sucks. So the exclusives are so similar that it doesn't matter.

I got $4 million that says your view is in the minority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of having things only the few people that ks the game could possibly have. But thats just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too like telling people my thoughts and opinions. This is the Internet you know, and you can't silence me with "facts" and "statistics"... Pffft, like they're ever used by anyone that matters... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sircaradoc wrote:
I like the idea of having things only the few people that ks the game could possibly have. But thats just me.

Personally, I get enjoyment out of what I have and not what others are denied.

When we go to select characters for Zombicide I like it that we have a large number to select from depending on what mood you're in.

I don't find character selection more exciting by knowing that someone else has to use a proxy mini for Dave the Geek that doesn't quite match the iconography on the character card. To me, it's enough that I have it, and it doesn't effect my game if someone else has it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind exclusive for own IPs just not for cultural property. Damn you Fenrir!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbydee wrote:
.......Only 3 so far!
Its only a bit more than one day into the campaign Robbydee!! I have a feeling you are going to have a stroke in the last 48 hours of the campaign, if exclusives upset you so much!! LOL! By the way, did you back this one or are you going to let your wallet do the talking and actually not back this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the exclusives! Keep 'em coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
flag msg tools
Exclusives can be done right, but it is entirely a case by case basis.

So far, The Others seems to be doing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I have a feeling this campaign will have zombicide number of exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is there something wrong with desiring something a little more rare. I am not judging per say by what I have vs what you do not have. I judge on I have 1/X many things. And thats a really really cool feeling to me. Thus exclusives are desirable to me as it makes it collectible in a sense. I still think that most people that want this game are going to be the ones that KS it anyways but thats a different discussion

rvinyard wrote:
sircaradoc wrote:

Personally, I get enjoyment out of what I have and not what others are denied.

When we go to select characters for Zombicide I like it that we have a large number to select from depending on what mood you're in.

I don't find character selection more exciting by knowing that someone else has to use a proxy mini for Dave the Geek that doesn't quite match the iconography on the character card. To me, it's enough that I have it, and it doesn't effect my game if someone else has it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
flag msg tools
sircaradoc wrote:
So is there something wrong with desiring something a little more rare. I am not judging per say by what I have vs what you do not have. I judge on I have 1/X many things. And thats a really really cool feeling to me. Thus exclusives are desirable to me as it makes it collectible in a sense. I still think that most people that want this game are going to be the ones that KS it anyways but thats a different discussion

Even if they were not "exclusive" and available at retail later you would still have 1 of X of these in existence.

The fact that others cannot have it is what is desirable to you. I am not judging BTW, but I don't want this or any game to be limited. I genuinely want this game to be fun. If it is fun, we shouldn't exclude certain parts of that fun for others.

I get that fun for you is collecting things that are of limited quantity. Given CMON business model the vast majority of people that will buy this game are doing so via KS. So really only that what 5% of people that didn't KS that you are actually 1up'ing? Not trying to trivialize that cool feeling, just saying that exclusive and collectable are two different things. Collectable is cool, exclusive is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
sircaradoc wrote:
So is there something wrong with desiring something a little more rare. I am not judging per say by what I have vs what you do not have. I judge on I have 1/X many things. And thats a really really cool feeling to me.

The Sin of Greed is happy to have you in its camp. The Sin of Envy is happy that you want to spread its influence among others who might miss the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
sircaradoc wrote:
So is there something wrong with desiring something a little more rare. I am not judging per say by what I have vs what you do not have. I judge on I have 1/X many things. And thats a really really cool feeling to me.

The Sin of Greed is happy to have you in its camp. The Sin of Envy is happy that you want to spread its influence among others who might miss the Kickstarter.

Im full of sin devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sircaradoc wrote:
Im full of sin devil

When the sin of lust is revealed, you might regret saying that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Barnard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The flood of exclusives is why I'm never going near zombicide as a late comer I'd never get a complete set and it's DARN expensive to get close.

I've got a black pledge and really looking forward to be-seiged...

So yeh I want to see what they try to pull with this one before putting moeney down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wilkshire
msg tools
Given that the core box only has 2 sins at retail, and we are thus far getting 3+ in the base pledge, KS backers are already winning out.

I much prefer this route, where post-KS you can still get (most) everything, albeit paying more, but I'm not really against exclusives either IF the core product is fantastic. I bought Arcadia Quest post KS, and while I 'missed' a heap of 'free goodies', I still thoroughly enjoy the game, and people NOT buying it because they missed the KS exclusives are missing out on a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pooley
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
There are two realities:

1) Kickstarters have no exclusives and only include things that will be available in stores this
a) most likely reduces the number of pledges and
b) reduces the amount of figures etc for the game as companies will not bother designing extra stuff for 'free' over and above the base game.
2) Kickstarters have exclusives
a) increasing the number of pledges and
b) increasing the number of figures etc included in the game for people who stumped up the cash to get the game off the floor in the first place.

Also, there is little point for people to stump up money early on for what they could get on the high street hence why there are Kickstarter exclusives and if you want the game then go for the Kickstarter since you will know about it...why wait for a more vanilla high street version when you could get more for less via Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll chime in.

I really don't care about Exclusivity. What I care about is that the game I'm backing gets made.

Saying that, I do like getting rewarded for my involvement in a kickstarter, but not to the level that if a game didn't give exclusive content, I'd not back.

Look at Gloomhaven.

This is a game that is really trying to accomplish a lot of things (basically a dungeon crawler campaign with Legacy elements) and all the stretch goals are non-exclusives, but the game is funding really well because people just want to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.