Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Schiewer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I run a board game club in Blacksburg, VA and to start the club I am using my 400+ games for the library. I'd love to be able to lend games to members (I know the risk) but I'd love even more to keep tabs on those games.

I've searched the web to find 'collection' software that might aid me in this endeavor but didn't succeed in finding anything.

With all the large games libraries here on the Geek I was wondering if anyone:

1. Uses a specific software
2. Wrote their own
3. Has any ideas

Thanks Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
12th BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a nice Access database? Export your collection, import into Access, have a column for ID# if you're going to number your games. Have a place to identify the version, perhaps (Ravensburger German 1989). Then a column for who has it, when checked out, when due. You can make a second list for contact information for borrowers, to have it all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
12th BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, old school, put those library cards/envelopes in the game boxes, stamp the date due, keep the cards while the games are checked out. Have index cards with users' contact info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schiewer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
What about a nice Access database? Export your collection, import into Access, have a column for ID# if you're going to number your games. Have a place to identify the version, perhaps (Ravensburger German 1989). Then a column for who has it, when checked out, when due. You can make a second list for contact information for borrowers, to have it all together.

I don't own Access. Maybe I can see if there's an equivalent.

I'm kinda surprised there's nothing out there --- could be a nice little project for someone on here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
12th BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://stampington.com/Library-Cards-and-Pockets-Value-Pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schiewer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Or, old school, put those library cards/envelopes in the game boxes, stamp the date due, keep the cards while the games are checked out. Have index cards with users' contact info.

I'm actually contemplating something like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schiewer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

Hahaha! Brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
12th BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pa5t0rd wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

I don't own Access. Maybe I can see if there's an equivalent.

I'm kinda surprised there's nothing out there --- could be a nice little project for someone on here!

You could check out OpenOffice's Base

https://www.openoffice.org/product/index.html

You could always accomplish the same thing in Excel, but Access lets you make nice forms, queries, and reports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schiewer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

You could check out OpenOffice's Base

https://www.openoffice.org/product/index.html

You could always accomplish the same thing in Excel, but Access lets you make nice forms, queries, and reports.

Yeah - I started putting it in 'numbers' and quickly became motivated to find something already designed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.