Hide
3 Posts

BattleCON: Fate of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Iri's Comet style rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Morton
msg tools
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but it's an area of the rules that doesn't seem to come up on most characters (and I'd completely forgotten about it until I was reading back through the rules for other reasons; I wish I'd remembered it during my first game against Iri, where my opponent was complaining about the uselessness of Comet style specifically).

Because it doesn't say "up to 3", if you don't have enough room to advance 3 spaces, you don't advance at all (and thus can't apply the "cannot hit" effect to yourself), correct?

Looking through other characters with required movement effects > 1 space, some of them (Kajia's Parasitic style) have reminder text about this, some say "exactly 3 spaces" (Anath Adrasteia's Havoc), and others are worded the same as Iri's (no reminder, no "exactly").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that if the entire amount of movement can't be performed, then no movement happens. If there isn't room, the player won't move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, exactly is implied. If you cannot make that move, then there's no legal move and you don't move at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.