Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sandro Ruotolo
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there!

I hope some of you are still playing TI2, or played it recently, because I have two things I would like to ask...

About progression chart: it says 4,7 and 9 tech ADVANCES. So, these advances don't include techs that race get at the beginning? Race with 2 starting techs must get 9 MORE to get to Imperium Rex?

Also, how do you play insurgence checks when there is only PDS or Spacedock on a planet, or both of them without ground forces? You can loose only GFs in insurgence checks, so PDS and SD prevent losing planets after failing checks, right? Or, PDS and SD are also destroyed if you fail to calm the population...?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first couple games I played were also 2 player. Still fun, but politics and trading don't really work with just two players. The game is really awesome with 3 or more.

Quote:

About progression chart : it says 4,7 and 9 tech ADVANCES. So, these advances don't include techs that race get at the beginning? Race with 2 starting techs must get 9 MORE to get to Imperium Rex?

It is my understanding that the advances you start with are counted towards the victory conditions, so a race starting with 2 tech advances must get 7 more to get to Imperium Rex.

Quote:

Also, how did you play insurgence checks when there was only PDS or Spacedock on a planet? You can loose only GFs in insurgence checks, so PDS and SD prevent losing planets after failing checks, right?

PDS and spacedocks are not considered in insurgence checks. The rules say "...If your result is lower than the influence of the planet, instantly remove two ground forces from the planet. If the last ground force on the planet is removed, you immediately lose control of the planet and it reverts to neutral status." A planet with no ground forces failing a check would also revert to neutral. Spacedocks and PDS are automatically destroyed if the planet becomes neutral.

Quote:

Thanks for the help!

No problem. Also, there is a FAQ on FFG's web page that you may find useful.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/tifaq.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.