Subject: Game lengths? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Inglehart
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Last day. Capricorn 15's. Year of the city - 2274. Carousel begins...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious what you are all seeing for game lengths. So far, we've played the 1st campaign twice. The first time took slightly longer than 4 hours. This one is around five (so far). I was just wondering if others are seeing similar game lengths?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bodam2005 wrote:
I'm curious what you are all seeing for game lengths. So far, we've played the 1st campaign twice. The first time took slightly longer than 4 hours. This one is around five (so far). I was just wondering if others are seeing similar game lengths?

How many players? You played The Pharoah with the Blue Eyes twice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here have been my play lengths for my non-solo games, not including setup or explanation time:
- Rhaz Azul, 3 players: 4 hours (2 new players)
- Holy Grail Bloody Grail, 4 players: 4 hours (1 new player)
- Masamune, 3 players: 2.25 hours (1 new player)

Our games have consistently taken twice as long as the time listed in the scenario book. I think part of that is because we're still learning the game, and because we're not "heads down" gamers who just bang out turns one after another. We like to chit chat and talk strategy while others are taking their turn. But I think the playing times in the scenario book are still optimistic.

I'm going to play Holy Grail again tonight with the same group that played it before, so I'll post back here with a comparative time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Crowder
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only played Rhaz and the Kraken..and with a group of expereinced gamers who have played both Arkham and Betrayal (many simalar mechanics).

We played Rhaz Twice with 5 and 4 players respectively. Those games took three and half, and three hours.

I played Kraken once with 4 players, and it took us about 3 and it was the same group that had just played Rhaz.

And some of that delay was teaching the first time, and picking new characters and swapping out gear the second time (also 2 characters dying mid game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.