Subject: Leader placement on Uncoordinated Entry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Where would you place the wingleader on an uncoordinated entry? is it rolled for like the others, or does it go to the circling near or far box automatically?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris

This happened to me the other day when I played. I could find nothing that treated the wave leader any differently so he arrived randomly just like the rest of his wave. This worked out well for him because the first couple of planes there got shot down by flak!

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alecc
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
I spent more time clipping chits than playing games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artymorty wrote:
Hey Chris

This happened to me the other day when I played. I could find nothing that treated the wave leader any differently so he arrived randomly just like the rest of his wave. This worked out well for him because the first couple of planes there got shot down by flak!

Todd

Yup. Nothing saying that the Wave Leader is the one that happens to find the damn first! For all we know, it was their navigator that missed their timing which lead to a painful series of course corrections!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Todd,
Been a while!
yeah I couldn't find anything that said he would be treated any differently either, but the comment about the leader being able to fire Very Lights to help cut down the amount of delay kinda gave me a bit of a doubt. It may be only thematically in my head, but having the leader fire flares to help guide in the rest of the wing, and then showing up 6 turns later is kind of odd, at least to me.

I played it both times it occurred as a random roll, but each time, he cam in on the first turn!

I'm about to embark on Scenario 9, so I decided to ask, just to clear things up. I've really enjoyed this game and it's scenario driven approach to learning the game. it's something that should be done for most games I think.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Very Lights: The rationale is this – The leader fires them in order to usher Lancs to the target, but he does not necessarily fire them at the target. Lingering, circling, in close vicinity to the flares, the leader waits to make sure the wave is complete. He could be waiting for a Lanc that simply will not show up, and only eventually accompanies the others at the target. Firing them while over the target while circling and waiting might alert the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I can see what you're saying, makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.