Subject: Double Action - 2 Player Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loot is a good game, especially for 4 or more players but it is fairly mundane as a 2 player game with the rules out of the box.

However you can make it a much more interesting 2 player game by allowing each player to take two actions on their turn. The actions may be the same, or any combination of:

a) pick up a card
b) play a merchant ship
c) play a pirate ship
d) play a pirate or admiral card

The game plays much quicker and adds more variety of choices on each player's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduard Navratil
Czech Republic
Vizovice
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was just about to suggest this variant, when I saw it here Good idea, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great minds think alike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduard Navratil
Czech Republic
Vizovice
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
New idea: Sometimes, your hand is still full of merchants, and feeding the opponent is SO much fun... so how about a new rule?

Convoy if your hand consists of merchant ships only, you can play your whole hand.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether to allow Convoy only as the first action or as any action (allowing you to get rid of a single pirate/admiral card and then launching a Convoy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
screaming SiLENCE
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anybody tried this??? Looks cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lainie Vansant
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Just tried this variant, and we also counted claiming boats as an action. We enjoyed it a lot more, because there's a lot more strategy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.