Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
mbmbmbmbmb
mi98c10 wrote:
Last night we played our secound game of RRT. Something happened this game that didn't happen last game. We past 50 pionts on the scoring track. And we noticed that the amount of money went down. Is this how the game is soppose to be played or a typo on the scoring track?

It's not a typo error...it represent the start of mismanagement of the company...You start gaining more and more and then your company start his natural decline due to train becoming old, railroad to maintain, human resources to pay...and so on

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
When you get to end of the scoring track, you loop around to the start again and your money starts going back up again - if you're good enough to score that many points.

It really doesn't. The last space on the scoring track says "100+ $9", which means if you have over 100 points you get only $9 per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gehl
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
Quote:
It really doesn't. The last space on the scoring track says "100+ $9", which means if you have over 100 points you get only $9 per turn.

Kevin, I thought the same. But it was pointed out to me that in the rules it states that after you loop around you $$ starts to increase. Just some food for thought.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
akrongehl wrote:
Quote:

Kevin, I thought the same. But it was pointed out to me that in the rules it states that after you loop around you $$ starts to increase. Just some food for thought.

John

I know, but it's a dumb rule...and dumb rules are meant to be broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Clark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah who needs economies of scale after the diseconomies have been managed...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pilight wrote:
akrongehl wrote:
Quote:

John

I know, but it's a dumb rule...and dumb rules are meant to be broken.

Dumb rule?

This mechanic made for a great session last time I played. When I was way out ahead, the other players tried to prolong the game (through urbanization) when my incoming cash was low, thus hoping to starve me of funds and catch up. But I managed to wrap around the scoring board and gain back a good income, forcing them to try to hurry up and end the game while I now tried to prolong it to make back my losses. Great fun. Without the mechanic, the session would have been much more fated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.