Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Should we do more joint efforts with Gloomhaven and Isaac Childres? So far it seems that we've found each others creations to be highly intriguing and I'm sure there is mutual respect.

Would it be worth the effort to build some kind of 'bridge' between these two games so that players could for instance move Heroes from one game to another?

Or scenarios that could be played with either game?

No, these are not agreed, but could be possible. And *I* would find it highly motivating and interesting. Would you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it intrigues you, do it. I don't really have an interest in Gloomhaven so it wouldn't do much for me with that game. But if it adds scenarios to Perdition's Mouth, I'm all for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been waiting for quite some time to back two upcoming games: Gloomhaven and Perdition's Mouth. I was thrilled to see PM in cahoots with the Gloomhaven campaign.

It's no shock, really. These two games are quite interesting and do seem to mesh well.

I say bring on the continued connection!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'd keep the cross mixing of IP to a token minimum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom D

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that this could be really cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon sloneker
United States
Baton Rouge
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to all questions. I love what I've seen of both games and would love to see lots and lots of crossover. More content for both games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be careful. PM is a different game and 'should' be perceived as different from Gloomhaven. If perceived as too similar or as an expansion, I think people may pass it over.

Currently I am in doubt if I should back Gloomhaven, or not. If I end up not backing Gloomhaven, I don't want content for a game/mixing with a game I don't own. So any mixing content will be seen as useles or at most not relevant for a percentage of potential backers.

That said, it's also a question about effort. How much are you willing to put into this project? I'm sure you like it creatively, but does it detract from efforts put into PM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's a great idea and it's cool to see designers collaborating in this way.

I think if you can do it in such a way that no-one feels like they have to have both games or they will be missing out on too much content. Interchangeable maps, scenarios and characters could be interesting.

Also maybe having a few nods to the other game somewhere. Something like treasures or descriptions of certain things that fit your theme but will make someone who also has Gloomhaven with go 'Oh, cool'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Mendes
Portugal
Santarem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why you can't do it and is good to have this interaction but I will keep it as a separate purchase to who has the two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huge support for this concept. I think if you could connect yourself to another successful project, it's never a bad thing. Could be interesting to have a mutual beneficial relationship.

That said, I'm backing Gloomhaven and haven't looked at Perdition's Mouth since Rhado ran through it. Looked somewhat interesting then, would definitely move me into extremely interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please!
Gloomhaven is probably the greatest game ever created to date. (Haven't played it yet, but the potential is huge!)
If you could merge the two games in any way I think that's positive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esther B
Netherlands
Nieuwstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would keep the cross-over stuff with other games to a minimum. A single scenario/adventure is fine but the two games are (and imho should be) different with each it's own atmosphere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also add that the ability to carry heroes over between games would be huge. I just re-read your statement and if that turned out to be true, it would enhance the replay value of both games quite a bit. Would definitely back then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrix wrote:
I would also add that the ability to carry heroes over between games would be huge. I just re-read your statement and if that turned out to be true, it would enhance the replay value of both games quite a bit. Would definitely back then!

This is certainly possible. As Gloomhaven does have miniatures on same scale as we do, to move their Heroes to Perdition's Mouth would only take Hero decks and Hero sheets. Of course this is not trivial, but take some time and effort and would likely not be part of the standard game, but like a small add on package. WOuld you find such add-on interesting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extremely interesting. I agree that it should be seperate from the main campaign (SG's and such) as you do want to differentiate your product, but I'd certainly be interested in getting that add-on.

Agreed that it's non-trivial, but as you said, it's also not too overwhelming. And considering you don't have to deliver the goods until ship date... I'll just reiterate and say I'd be extremely interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrix wrote:
Extremely interesting. I agree that it should be seperate from the main campaign (SG's and such) as you do want to differentiate your product, but I'd certainly be interested in getting that add-on.

Agreed that it's non-trivial, but as you said, it's also not too overwhelming. And considering you don't have to deliver the goods until ship date... I'll just reiterate and say I'd be extremely interested

This is very good to know. I'll talk with Isaac. Let's see what we come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!
Keep us posted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, that's awesome. And more heroes for Gloomhaven too, if it's cross-compatible...

Yup, definitely more excited if something could come to fruition on this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yash Samant
United States
Custer
Washington
flag msg tools
Cross-compatibility between Perdition's Mouth and Gloomhaven would be awesome!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the one hand I am interested in crossover compatibilty with Gloomhaven as I already backed it.

But keep in mind that you can potentially lose backers that were not intersted in Gloomhaven.

Clearly it would be great to use heroes of Gloonhaven in PM and vice versa but it does not appeal to me to mix cardboard monsters with plastic minitaures for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
On the one hand I am interested in crossover compatibilty with Gloomhaven as I already backed it.

But keep in mind that you can potentially lose backers that were not intersted in Gloomhaven.

Clearly it would be great to use heroes of Gloonhaven in PM and vice versa but it does not appeal to me to mix cardboard monsters with plastic minitaures for example.

Lets see. I think realism is that some sort of Hero cross-compatibility update might appear at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Beckikaze wrote:

Lets see. I think realism is that some sort of Hero cross-compatibility update might appear at some point.

I would definitely be interested in crossover capabilities for these two games. Even if it was only offered as an add-on during the PM campaign, it's something I hope will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll promise to find out if this sort of cross-over could happen. I think it'll be likely possibility as 'add-on'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dev Kat
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Gutrix wrote:

This is certainly possible. As Gloomhaven does have miniatures on same scale as we do, to move their Heroes to Perdition's Mouth would only take Hero decks and Hero sheets. Of course this is not trivial, but take some time and effort and would likely not be part of the standard game, but like a small add on package. WOuld you find such add-on interesting?

This could be like a Kemet/Cyclade crossover. Each of these games have nothing to do with each other and yet, they have things in common that allows for this crossover.

Honestly, if something similar can be done or, something where both worlds would be intermingled, that would definitely convince me to purchase PM.

Obviously, both games requires to be independent so that gamers don't feel the need to buy both to have a complete experience with one or another. But, having both gives you a three games experience with two games.

This could be an add-on sold by both games.. Even though GH is already finished. That way, no one feels of wasted components if they don't have GH or don't care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the heroes would be a big draw, but obviously there are lots of little cool things you could do to make the crossover work.

Again, not making anyone in either project feel like their missing something essential but something cool and supplemental would be enough. A hard balance, I'm sure, but I have faith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.