Popular Tags: [View All]
Raffaele Porrini
Italy
Rome
Latium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have got a doubt on the investor It is the same question for BOTH the starting investing (advanced rules) that for further investigation

Is it possible to buy any bond in the pile? I explain myself better
May I buy an higher value from the pile and not simply the one on the top of the pile

1st round Advanced Play - Starting Investement on page 4 English Rules

"one player is the first who is allowed to grant a bond of his choice from Austria-Hungary. If he decides to do that, he chooses one Austro-Hungarian bond from the bond pile and pays its amount in the Austro-Hungarian Treasury"
My question is this one:

Player A May Invest for exemple directly 9 Million to buy the
4th BOND in order to serious strong control in that nation? (jumping and not buying Bond 1 2 or 3) this is because NOONE cane vere buy more that one bond.

---------------------------------------

Second during the game:

Player X has the Investor card, and it becomes activated by the token of one nation passing over the Investor Sector of the RONDEL

He wants to buy a bond from the (Russian/english...) Nation and he has NO OTHER BOND from that nation.

May he buy for example directly BOND 5 (if he has the money) even if on top of the stack there is the bond number 4? (remember he would be buying the FIRST BOND ever in that nation he is NOT upgrading)

-------------------

Same question but in the upgrading:

I have already bond number 1 in that nation, and the Investor Card

Top of the stack is Bond number 4.

May I upgrade my card directly to bond number 6 for example?

Thanks for your reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
You can buy any one bond. When buying that bond, you can either pay cash or hand back an existing bond of that country and pay the difference in cash. There are no other restrictions.

So, yes ... you can buy a bond in the middle of a pile (so "yes" to all 3 questions).

Quote:
Player A May Invest for exemple directly 9 Million to buy the
4th BOND in order to serious strong control in that nation? (jumping and not buying Bond 1 2 or 3) this is because NOONE cane vere buy more that one bond

Just to be clear (since what you've written might mean you have something incorrect): you can only buy one bond at a time, but you can hold any number of bonds from a country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
To further clarify...

You can not buy a bond from another player.

Once bought, you can not sell any of your bonds. You can upgrade a bond to a higher value bond (of the same country) which does swap your current bond with another from the country (paying the difference in value between the two bonds).

In determining who holds the country's flag, only the single highest bond the sum of the bonds of that country, owned by a player is considered, not the cumulative total of bonds held. (So, you can hold a higher percentage without control and actually get paid more than the controlling player when they move to Invest on the rondel.) (A tie does not cause a transfer of the flag.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
RaDiKal wrote:
To further clarify...

In determining who holds the country's flag, only the single highest bond, of that country, owned by a player is considered, not the cumulative total of bonds held. (So, you can hold a higher percentage without control and actually get paid more than the controlling player when they move to Invest on the rondel.)

I disagree. On page 10, it is clear that the total purchase value of all your Bonds in a Nation decides who control the government.

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you're right! I learned the game from someone else and, having just checked the online PDF version of the rules, clearly that was incorrect. I will strike out the incorrect text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Ron,

When I played my first game, I used the total interest paid to control the flag...so we are even. hahha!blush

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.