Stephanie Lassen
msg tools
Hi everyone! I am just getting started on Infiniite Gaming's next project. We are hoping for a line of 3d printed RPG dice, 4 sets each themed after a type of dragon from D&D (acid, fire, cold, electric). Here is an example of the acid 6d, we are getting a prototype printed (it will be green). What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematic but still readable. Good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The numbers look taller than they are wide. So could you make them bigger by placing them to the left of the symbols instead of above?

Random idea that might make sense -- could a dragon wrap around two sides (or more) sides? That would be a cool, amd eye grabbing, printable 3d effect. The tail could mean something different from the head, or dragon could be 1:3 probable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Lassen
msg tools
Possibly, we have a prototype coming in I will have to see how they look and fiddle with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Benckert
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Owning a print shop and a 3D printer, my only advice is pay a lot to have them really well done. Household 3D printers will never produce the quality that someone would want to buy. I've been to trade shows where people have had mediocre/homemade 3d printed items for sale and they look junky (mostly the lines that are evident in 3d printed objects), and I've passed them up.

3D printers are becoming cheaper and cheaper - its not a stretch for someone dedicated to a hobby (how much have YOU spent on games and gaming supplies? to invest in something like that.

My point - make sure they look fantastic, otherwise a decent portion of yor audience may lose interest in something they can feasibly "make themselves".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.