Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Dam
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my reviews aim to offer a brief overview that allows people to get a good feel for what the game may offer them. I feel that other reviews can be sought if detailed game mechanics is what you are after.

As this is a game based on educational principles I am also able to draw on my experience as a primary school teacher (Australia) when reviewing them. I hope you find this insight useful.

Monster Match is a fun visual game for kids. The game consists of a plastic bubble like that in the game trouble but smaller. Inside the bubble are 7 coloured balls consisting of the colours pink (2), blue (3) and yellow (2). The game begins with a player shaking the bubble so the colours fall into a certain pattern. The players are then in a race to find the matching colour card that depict the exact pattern of coloured balls.

The first player to find the matching card is awarded the card and when 1 player has a set number of cards they are declared the winner. For a match to be awarded the position of the coloured balls must match the exact positions of the illustration on the card. If someone falsely selects a card then it must be returned and the hunt continues.

For more advanced players a false selection can go to the other player, which helps raise the tension and excitement. With 36 cards to choose from it takes a keen eye to find the exact match. Once a match is made, a different player shakes the bubble again and play continues until 1 player has earned the agreed number of cards.

The Final Word

Monster Match is a good simple game for 5-12 year olds and helps children to understand the importance of patterns and the possible variations that are possible. These skills can help with maths concepts in the area of shape and it can even be a fun game to play in the classroom before moving on to chance and probability based work. The ability to choose how many cards end in victory allows the game’s length to be varied also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.