Popular Tags: [View All]
Raffaele Basso
Italy
Aversa (Caserta)
Italia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry for my english. I played TM once. My question is:
- if a player wins (after withdraw) in two or more categories (example, in Princess and in Vizier), he places only one or more palaces.
In my group, we saw that one or more cities can remain empty after visit. what is our error, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If he wins in three categories, he places three castles. Well. If one of the three is the elephants, he takes the chit off of the city and places two castles.

It is possible for one or two of the spots to be unfilled in a city, if no one plays any cards of thos colors, but this is not a frequent occurrence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's not so rare, especially in the corner areas. I think it is quite usual to have some empty cities...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If, when a player withdraws, he has the lead (a greater number than any other player) in Monks, Princesses, Generals, or Viziers, he places one palace for each one of those he withdrew-while leading. If a player withdraws while leading in Moguls, he places a palace with the 'ring' on it - which is to say, a palace that doesn't 'block' the city it's placed in, a palace that can be placed in the same city as one other palace, and a palace that does not claim on-board bonus chits.

A province could end up with unclaimed cities if nobody plays a leader of that type during that visit. Imagine one visit in a 4-player game goes: 1. Vizier+Monk, 2. Withdraw-for-cards, 3. Elephant+Elephant, 4. Elephant+Princess, 1. Withdraw (places 2 palaces, takes Vizier and Monk chits), 3. Withdraw (takes octagon province chit), 4. Withdraw (places 1 palace, takes Princess chit).

In that scenario, nobody played any Moguls and nobody played any Generals, so only 3 of the possible 5 palace placements occur, and one of the cities (or if this is Province 12, 2 of them) will end this visit (and, in turn, the entire game) unoccupied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.