Subject: Special Scoring card rules difference regarding the Castillo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the "Special Scoring: you may choose any region to score" card allow to choose the Castillo or not?
I'm not sure if it is an Errata of the Big Box Edition or a rules change or correction on last editions. I have checked different rulebooks, and this has totally changed on the Big Box rules.

My Spanish Big Box Rules says explicitly you can't choose the Castillo for this card, however previous rulebooks say explicitly it is allowed to choose the Castillo.
I have also checked it is so correctly translated from the German Big Box Edition rules. So it is definitively not a translation errata.
Actually both Big Box rulebooks say and insist that any card that talks about "region" doesn't include the Castillo, because it is not a region.
Moreover, as said, the explanation of the card "Special Scoring: you may choose any region to score" says explicitly you can't choose the Castillo unlike older editions.

Should I take it as an errata or is this actually a rules correction?
Thanks in advance....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it's an errata or a correction, but you can't use it on the Castillo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
Leo, I don't know about this new edition but according to the original German rules the Castillo is some kind of region and this certain card allows chosing the Castillo for the Special Scoring.
Later additional rule explanations, confirmed by Wolfgang Kramer, affirm this:

"7. The Castillo: Whenever Caballeros are added to the game board, or moved, any or all of them may also be put into the Castillo.
However, if a player must remove Caballeros, then they can't be taken them from the Castillo. Caballeros dropped into the
Castillo must remain there until the next general scoring rounds. Only the cards „Special Scoring: the Castillo is scored" and
„Special Scoring: You may choose any region to score" allow to score the Castillo
, in this case the players must only see (not
move!) the contents of it in order to score."

So this change in your rules looks like an error to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
I will take it as an Errata then.
And maybe comment it here on the Big Box page for reference of new owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.