Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Dam
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my reviews aim to offer a brief overview that allows people to get a good feel for what the game may offer them. I feel that other reviews can be sought if detailed game mechanics is what you are after.

As this is a game based on educational principles I am also able to draw on my experience as a primary school teacher (Australia) when reviewing them. I hope you find this insight useful.

This game is yet another matching game but like most quality games of recent times there is a twist. Catch the Match uses 15 oversized cards and each of these contain 15 objects. These include things like a duck, bear, ball, teapot, shovel, flower, boat etc. Each of these pictures is also made up of two colours such as blue-green, green-red, yellow-blue and so on.

The game begins with the players turning over 2 cards at the same time and the players are then in a race to identify the 1 object on both cards that is identical by shape and colour. This can be more tricky than it seems as each pair of cards will only offer the 1 identical match and the colour combinations can be quite confusing. The objects are also illustrated in a variety of rotated positions, so comparing the colours of 2 boats when one is upside down or on its side can be a challenge.

The first person to identify the matching picture wins 1 of the cards and the other card is left on the table. A new round begins by drawing a new card and the game continues by studying the new pair. The winner is the person with the most cards when the deck is exhausted.

The Final Word

Catch the Match is a very engaging game that children can enjoy for hours. Its most rewarding feature is that the play is simultaneous, so no player is ever out of the action and waiting for a go. This is very important where young children are concerned. The game encourages children to identify objects drawn at unusual angles and study items carefully for colour matches. For parents it is a winner too because it can easily be played in 5-10 minutes, which makes it a fun activity that will fit between meal and bed time or bath and bed time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.