Hide
11 Posts

Merchants & Marauders: Seas of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Man o' War drawn directly, then War, then Peace rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
If I draw a Man o' War directly, then there is War, then there is Peace, do I force-change the Man o' War to a frigate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, if a Captain card says Man-o-War then it will always be a Man-o-War.

It's only the base game Frigate ones that change (and they remind you of that right on the card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
But the Peace card says all Man ø'Wars revert to Frigates. That's what I am wondering about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
But the Peace card says all Man ø'Wars revert to Frigates. That's what I am wondering about
Those cards were written long before the permanent Man-O-War NPCs were added to the game via the expansion.

Only the "standard" naval ships revert back to Frigates during peacetime.

The ones from the expansion that are listed specifically as a MoW always remain a MoW regardless of war/peace status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to what Woelf said, the word "revert" could help as well. If the Man-o-War wasn't a Frigate previously, it can't "revert".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Compter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a followup question: If the Man o' War card comes up, and then later a Frigate card comes up (either pirate or naval) do they both stay on the board, or does the Man o' War go away?

_________
| homas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasC wrote:
So I have a followup question: If the Man o' War card comes up, and then later a Frigate card comes up (either pirate or naval) do they both stay on the board, or does the Man o' War go away?
If a new NPC is the same nationality as an NPC already on the board, the new one always replaces the previous one.

Their ship types or war status don't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Newcombe
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
If a new NPC is the same nationality as an NPC already on the board, the new one always replaces the previous one.

I take it, as the pirate Frigate & pirate Man O' War share the same skull and crossbow design on their Event card; that they replace each other like naval ships, rather than ending up with both of them on the board at the same time, once they have been drawn from the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nzcamel wrote:
Woelf wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

I take it, as the pirate Frigate & pirate Man O' War share the same skull and crossbow design on their Event card; that they replace each other like naval ships, rather than ending up with both of them on the board at the same time, once they have been drawn from the deck?
Correct. You can have only one "large" Pirate and one "small" Pirate on the board at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PFGamer
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Kyle/ Woelf,

Wow, that's handy to know. I just had this happen recently and we came to the same conclusion since we couldn't find a rule indicating that.

Yikes, can you imagine 4! Pirates running around simultaneously, not to mention 8! Naval ships? It would look like a regatta, or a naval review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Newcombe
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.