Jonny Borg
msg tools
Quote:
"When this card enters play, spawn the Crazed Elder Thing Epic Monster on Miskatonic Outpost. It cannot lose Health, unless the the active Investigator has the Alien Device Artifact."

Quote:
"If you defeat this monster during a combat encounter, you may gain one Dark Pact Condition to discard 1 monster from any space."

The mystery card says that the monster cant lose health unless the active investigator dont have the artifact but the effect on the goat spawn card dont say that the monster loses any health, only that it is discarded. So my question is; can i use the effect on the goat spawn card to discard the crazed elder thing, and solve the mystery, even tho i dont have the artifact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the Reference Guide, page 6:

Quote:
An Epic Monster cannot be defeated by any effect except losing Health equal to or greater than its toughness.
An Epic Monster cannot be discarded.
An Epic Monster cannot be moved, except by an effect on its token or the component that spawned it.
Epic Monsters are never placed in the Monster cup.
When an Epic Monster is defeated, it is returned to the game box.
“Monster” refers to a Monster and/or an Epic Monsters. “Non-Epic Monster” refers to a Monster but not an Epic Monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Borg
msg tools
Oh, i had forgott about that rule. blush Thank you for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.