Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Stretch Goals: I would like to see more tools for User Generated Content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
It's okay, I'm
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For example:

(edit) Maybe just like some props - a throne, sarcophagus, freaky statue, torture rack, that kind of thing that can't be printed at home without looking lame.

More cards, items, and map overlays that aren't necessarily linked to existing scenerios but would provide inspiration for User Generated Content.

Another example:

Additional monster stat cards for enemies that could be subbed in with common types of existing miniatures, Orcs, Oozes, Zombies, Dragons, Kobolds, Goblins, Giant Spiders, etc.

That way peoples existing minis from DnD Board Games or Descent or other minis could be subbed in. This would massively expand that options for user created content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see why people who like to create variants and fan expansions would like that kind of thing, but I'd much rather see additional content in the box playable with the game in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope there are no blank cards in the box.
Fan made content? Yes why not.
Free templates as a download? Yes, please!
But please no stuff which isn't tied to actual content in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem at all with online support for user-made content but a big no for blanks and other non-usable stuff in the actual box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's okay, I'm
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Blanks would be a terrible idea I agree. I kind of like what the DnD board game did for example.

They had extra space on the punch boards and so tossed in various chits and bits and pieces to fill the space for people to use as they wish.

I can understand in the short term only wanting stuff that is instantly usable, but in the long term, there could be a lot of value to be gained from a few cool extra 'props' for people to use. Stuff that can't be printed at home or anything.

But yeah, you wouldn't want it taking over the stretch goal drive or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can already sub in whatever figures you want.

A scenario calls for two monster types, the Bandit Guard and Bandit Archer? Swap in your orcs for the bandit guards, and some goblins with bows for bandit archers.

It's your game, do what you want.

Just remember that any figures you use will have to have their bases numbered in some way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not a real person wrote:
Blanks would be a terrible idea I agree. I kind of like what the DnD board game did for example.

They had extra space on the punch boards and so tossed in various chits and bits and pieces to fill the space for people to use as they wish.

This is an excellent idea. Assuming there is unused space, fill it up, absolutely! Rather than blanks and such though, I would rather Isaac put up blank templates that we can PnP with. That gives us full reign plus it's something that can be done during the long gap period while bits are being printed and slowly making their way across the ocean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing how Isaac runs this campaign, I have good hopes that we will see some blanc templates here on bgg after the game hits the shelves. So allowing for us to build new scenarios, maybe add our custom monsters and so on.

If this game is so good as it feels like I don't think it would ever have an expiration date with fan released stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for more Heroes

6 Starting Hereos and 16 Unlockable hereos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.