Philip Morton
msg tools
The PNP rules have an area with a reminder-text-style bit in an example that contradicts the way I would expect things to work given the rules for the area in question.

Under Gameplay, the rules say that on each of your turns, you either choose to "Take an action and draw a card", or "Strike." Using a Boost is one of the actions you can choose.

Some of the boosts allow you Strike as part of resolving the boost. Given the way the turn is described in the Gameplay section, it seems absolutely clear to me that if you used such a Boost, you would still draw a card, since you performed an action.

On the second page, under the examples of boosts, though, there's italicized text next to an example of a boost that includes a strike, saying that you won't draw a card at the end of the turn because you performed a strike.

If this is how it's supposed to work, the Gameplay section should be re-worded to say that you choose "action" or "strike", and then at the end of the turn draw a card if you didn't perform any strikes that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I had asked this question on a different thread.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1398323/reese-knight-wa...

If any action results in a strike, you do not draw a card at end of turn. I asked this about some of Reece's boost cards. This is going to be updated in the rules, but for the moment the example is correct.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gameplay section of the rules has been updated to clarify this more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.