Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

***************As I saw there were no active posts in the other forum, posting it here for help**************

Just got this game an played it once, but was confused with the rules for the 2 cards

Berserk: so say I've played this in the middle of the game and I've a card number 7 below and X on top, so is my investigating speed 8 in case the deck runs out? What happens to the effect of this card if I play a face up card on top of this card?

Royal Court: I noticed that the Lost Legacy card does not have the eye symbol, so the person holding this card has to answer truthfully when questioned by the player playing the Royal Court...In such a situation, does the game end immediately with the player playing the Royal Court winning? Isn't this card way too powerful then?

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Madhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going on memory on these so take my answers with a grain of salt until someone with more recent knowledge comes along.

madhujith wrote:

Berserk: so say I've played this in the middle of the game and I've a card number 7 below and X on top, so is my investigating speed 8 in case the deck runs out? What happens to the effect of this card if I play a face up card on top of this card?

You never play cards on top of each other. What has been played during the game needs to be common knowledge so that players can start to deduce where the Lost Legacy is. To answer your question then, yes, you are investigating on an 8.

madhujith wrote:

Royal Court: I noticed that the Lost Legacy card does not have the eye symbol, so the person holding this card has to answer truthfully when questioned by the player playing the Royal Court...In such a situation, does the game end immediately with the player playing the Royal Court winning? Isn't this card way too powerful then?

For this one I'm assuming Royal Court hasn't changed from the Japanese version.
You can't find the Lost Legacy and instantly win with Royal Court. Royal Court forces people to answer if they've seen the Lost Legacy (or the 1) during the game. If I'm holding on to the Lost Legacy then the answer is yes and that's the end of it. I'm not showing you the card so if it's one of the Lost Legacies that forces me to lose if its looked at then I'm safe. If I hide the Lost Legacy later then the answer is still going to be yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madhujith wrote:

For this one I'm assuming Royal Court hasn't changed from the Japanese version.
You can't find the Lost Legacy and instantly win with Royal Court. Royal Court forces people to answer if they've seen the Lost Legacy (or the 1) during the game. If I'm holding on to the Lost Legacy then the answer is yes and that's the end of it. I'm not showing you the card so if it's one of the Lost Legacies that forces me to lose if its looked at then I'm safe. If I hide the Lost Legacy later then the answer is still going to be yes.[/q]

Thanks a lot for the response, but I checked the card again and it specifically reads "Do you have a 1?" or "Do you have the Lost Legacy?". So say I have the Lost Legacy and I can't lie, I have to admit that I've the Lost Legacy in my Hand or as one of the face down cards- Now if I don;t have any face down card, then it is obvious that Lost Legacy is in my hand...so what is the point of this card???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. The version I'm used to is "Have you seen the <Lost Legacy or 1> this game?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svengaard wrote:
Ah. The version I'm used to is "Have you seen the <Lost Legacy or 1> this game?"

Which makes a lot of sense, but this wording actually makes that Royal Court really powerful to own and kind of pointless...right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.